Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI Bidding Error - Tech Degree Required But I Dont Have One!!!  (Read 1376 times)

gubdowb83

• View Profile
Howdy Folks,

So I recently got my OCI results back. Looking over my upcoming interviews I realized that one of the firms I had applied for had said "technical degree required." I didn't notice that part when I bid...In my cover letter I said that my interests were telecom law and litigation ---I didn't mention anything about IP specifically.

The way I see it, I have three options, I can:
  1. Tell my law school career department, get yelled at and perhaps lose my chance to interview
  2. Call up the firm's recruiting department and possibly lose my interview OR
  3. Go to the interview and try and see if I can convince the recruiter to consider my for a non - IP position

What do you guys think? Also, do you think if my law school catches wind of my situation they'll some how discipline me for "dishonesty" of some sort?

Thanks for your help as always

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OCI Bidding Error - Tech Degree Required But I Dont Have One!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »
The firm's looked at your background and they've decided you're worth talking to for 20 minutes even without a technical degree.  I don't see what the problem is.
2L

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OCI Bidding Error - Tech Degree Required But I Dont Have One!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
ran into the same problem myself (oops!).  Anyway, just go in and tell them you want to do IP lit so you applied despite the tech requirements.