Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How can I delete my profile? Who is the moderator?  (Read 8506 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: How can I delete my profile? Who is the moderator?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »
hey, how can we delete lindy "preppy" lindbergh?

amassherst

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »

TITCR.

Wow, I got a TITCR!  I honestly didn't know what that stood for until about a week ago when I had to check urbandictionary.com.  Yup, I'm a n00b.  A happy one, though!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »
you easily impressed.  want try few more?

eieio

snafu

henway

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
Straight from the Boss:

It's been years since people could delete their account on their own.  The problem was that people were always deleting their account thinking that their posts would go away.  They didn't, and then the user would be worse off then they started because they couldn't edit the remaining posts.

My policy is that I'll delete someone's account so long as they understand that their posts will stay.  Removing posts damages the discussion, so I try not to make it easy.  If someone discloses their name or something and wishes they hadn't (not that it can really be taken back), they can always edit their post to remove the personal information.  They can't do that without an account, so deleting an account does nothing good for the user; it just takes away their control over their message.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 10:16:38 PM »
yeah... so getting back to the ACTUAL thread: how do you delete your account? yes, I went to the Help page, but there is no "delete account" option in my profile.

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
yeah... so getting back to the ACTUAL thread: how do you delete your account? yes, I went to the Help page, but there is no "delete account" option in my profile.

Did you not read the "Straight from the boss's mouth" post? Last post before yours? PM Andrew if you realize that your posts will stay and still want to delete your account.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

compass

• does not point north
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 06:45:22 PM »
If you are serious about deleting your account, you can go to the help menu here for instructions:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?action=help;page=profile#owners

Well that's new.
Quote from: goaliechica
It's a [compass]!
Now I want pie.*
*These statements may or may not be related.