Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone transfer from Cooley to Michigan State?  (Read 3684 times)

clarkh1026

• AOL Instant Messenger - clarkh1026
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone transfer from Cooley to Michigan State?
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:21:16 PM »
I am about to start Cooley and am planning to transfer to Michigan State after 1L.  Anyone with a similar situation?

xmacro

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone transfer from Cooley to Michigan State?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
I'm transferring out of Cooley (not to MI State, but a better school) - just know that while Cooley has some great Profs who have been in the trenches before teaching, outside MI, the school has a terrible reputation that will cut against you; you need to be in the top of your class to have a realistic chance at getting in anywhere - the odds are definitely not in your favor.

Also - get your recommendations and transfer materials in order and ready to be sent out early - Cooley grades don't come out until a month into the next semester (and then they come out at the latest allowed date)

Other than that, good luck!

L2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:23:46 AM »
To OP: I'm also a 1L at Cooley and plan on transferring. I know the odds are somewhat against me, but I've head that I shouldn't have a problem if I'm in the top 10-15%. Actually, I think we have a few of the same professors. What section are you in?

justuskuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:29:33 AM »
Does anyone actually plan to stay at Cooley?  Every person I've read about going there has the same plan: make top 10% 1L year, then transfer out.  Everyone can't be in the top 10%

L2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:05:05 PM »
Does anyone actually plan to stay at Cooley?  Every person I've read about going there has the same plan: make top 10% 1L year, then transfer out.  Everyone can't be in the top 10%

The same thing has crossed my mind while reading all the posts of "transfer hopefuls". I just figure that I won't even mention it until after 1st semester grades are out.  ::)