Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Offer After Callback  (Read 5401 times)

antsor5

• View Profile
Re: Offer After Callback
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »
i got a letter with an offer from one firm without a call.

i got one by phone call 2 days after the callback. they wouldnt give me a time frame. the others said 2-4 weeks...and i'm still waiting

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

i got one by phone call 2 days after the callback. (they didnt/wouldnt give me a time frame at the interview other than as soon as they can) the others said 2-4 weeks...and i'm still waiting been about 1.5 weeks or so now

TeeTwenty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »

Are letters common for this sort of thing? I assumed that an offer would normally come by phone or email.

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »
it's not common at all.  it was really weird. plus the letter was small.  before i opened it up i assumed it was a rejection.  it was from a top firm too- really weird

my point is that just b/c you dont receive a phone call in 2-3 days after the call back, there may still be hope.
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

h2xblive

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 11:51:29 PM »
craven's posts make a lot of sense.  I recently spoke to a few classmates about the offer process after callbacks, and they figured there will be more "late" offers this year because of the new NALP rules about having to make a decision 45 days or so after the offer. 

While the offers might start "rolling out" in mid-September, I can see a second round of offers going out in early October.  While some of these early October offers might appear to be offers that just happen to come later in the recruiting schedule, they are in fact, "re-offers."

*shrugs shoulders*

offer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 05:40:31 AM »
it was really weird. plus the letter was small.  before i opened it up i assumed it was a rejection.  it was from a top firm too- really weird

LOL...were you expecting a large envelope like when you got accepted into college?  ;D

ASULAWKIT

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
I just got an offer from the first firm I did a callback with two weeks ago.  It was a phone call just generally stating the offer and informing me there had been a letter sent that day.  I'm sure that, as with callbacks, each firm does it differently.  I wouldn't give up hope until 4 weeks after the callback, myself.