Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Offer After Callback  (Read 5407 times)

antsor5

• View Profile
Offer After Callback
« on: August 11, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
I've had a few call backs now and while they said I'd know in anywhere from 2-4 weeks (the -4 weeks part b/c its so early in the cycle some said)...should i always expect a phone call if there is an offer or might it just come in letter form. (fyi this is for vault 100/am law 200 firms)

antsor5

• View Profile
Re: Offer After Callback
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
alright cool. this waiting game is killer

I've had a few call backs now and while they said I'd know in anywhere from 2-4 weeks (the -4 weeks part b/c its so early in the cycle some said)...should i always expect a phone call if there is an offer or might it just come in letter form. (fyi this is for vault 100/am law 200 firms)

I think you will almost always receive both a call and a letter. Expect the call first.

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
Also, this will take some time to see if it happens, but I think some offers may be coming well later after callbacks this year, now that the NALP guidelines have changed.  People will be accepting offers faster, so firms may want to see if candidate A accepts before they offer to candidate B, since A can't hold her offer until the end of the fall anymore.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »
Also, this will take some time to see if it happens, but I think some offers may be coming well later after callbacks this year, now that the NALP guidelines have changed.  People will be accepting offers faster, so firms may want to see if candidate A accepts before they offer to candidate B, since A can't hold her offer until the end of the fall anymore.

is it max 60 days now? (i thought i read something like that somewhere)

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
It's a rolling deadline, 45 days after you receive each offer, instead of a fixed deadline for all offers like it has been in the past.

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:05:39 PM »
At my firm, they were pretty happy about it.  Tired of people sitting on offers forever.  It does make it a bigger rush in the beginning of the season though.  I think it was an employer-friendly change.

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »
At my firm, they were pretty happy about it.  Tired of people sitting on offers forever.  It does make it a bigger rush in the beginning of the season though.  I think it was an employer-friendly change.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
whats the percentage estimate of vault 100 ( amlaw200 or anything) callbacks that turn into offers?

Bouzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 10:19:37 PM »
whats the percentage estimate of vault 100 callbacks that turn into offers?

There's a report somewhere on NALP's site...I think its somewhere around 65%
1L

"I feel really bad for you. I mean, you don't know anything."

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:11 AM »
i got a letter with an offer from one firm without a call.
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..