Author Topic: .  (Read 1972 times)

Dreamy Boss Man

• View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chili's, Applebees, TGIFriday's = Yay or nay?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:25:56 PM »
To me the worst of the worst of the worst sit-down chains is OLIVE GARDEN.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
Chains=bad. I second overpriced, dumbed down, just bad food, in shittastic atmospheres.

Outback? They may have nice meat (no nicer than what can be had by every body else, frankly) but they can't cook it worth a poo. I've been there three times and sent back my steak multiple times on every single visit. MR people, it's not f-ing rocket science.

I think if your whole identity is a "steakhouse" you had better get your f-ing temperatures correct. If you can't, close up shop.

BTW, there isn't a chain out there that makes much of anything like sauces. It comes in huge plastic bags that get warmed up in boiling water like minute rice and then vomited  into a steam pan for service.

Unfortunately, America's tastebuds are so dulled by craptastic, out of season produce, hellacious amounts of sugar, terrible meat and dairy products, and a collective food memory that starts with Captain Crunch and ends with Spagheeti-O's  that it all tastes great to them.

Sorry, this obviously pushed one of my pet peeve buttons.

::hops off soapbox and has a beer::

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:02:13 AM »
I would like to put in a plug for Houston's as a chain restaurant that uses consistently excellent ingredients and serves consistently good food. And great wine.

/shameless plug
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »
I think we should all take a field trip to a shopping mall that has a WalMart AND a chain restaurant. DS can go mental at Wal Mart, I'll flip my *&^% at the restaurant and everybody else can threaten to sue/ hold us back/ throw stuff at the cops when they show up.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »
I would like to put in a plug for Houston's as a chain restaurant that uses consistently excellent ingredients and serves consistently good food. And great wine.

/shameless plug

Plug? Do you own a franchise? I love their tortilla soup and I hope you never change your first two sig quotes. I love them long time.

I maybe kind of used to work there. But it means I've been in the kitchen! I can vouch for how good the ingredients are!

And thanks  :D I like them too! Thanks for saying so!

I suppose one of the benefits of hanging around since before the dawn of stanley time is that you have a lot of opportunities to snag good quotes....
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 12:49:43 AM »
I tend to believe that there are at least one or two menu items at each of these silly restaurants worth purchasing.

For instance, at Chili's there is an appetizer called Skillet Motherfucking Queso or something...its delicious.  Its chips, salsa, and this cheesy-meat sauce.  Similar to nachos in a lot of ways but different enough to be called Skillet Motherfucking Queso...or something...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 12:51:38 AM »
I will try Houston's with an open mind, but only because goaliechica is always on the side of the light. And I do love good tortilla soup.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 12:53:39 AM »
Oddly enough El Pollo Loco has an okay/cheap chicken tortilla soup...

And I love chicken tortilla soup...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

spanktheduck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 05:09:02 AM »
You should try eating at one of these places in NYC and looking at the calorie count of everything on their menu (NYC requires calories to be listed). Not only does nothing really taste great but it all is slowly killing you lol. I ate at Ruby Tuesday's and the lowest calorie count salad was still 950 calories (roughly).