Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I know I'm asking for a lot but.......... what is your study schedule like?  (Read 1366 times)

December2008

• View Profile
This is primarily aimed at people taking the exam in Dec but Oct people are welcome too!

I've been a long time lurker and figured it was about time to finally register. :)

I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer these questions as I'm trying to create a schedule tailored to my needs but would like to know what other people are doing.

Sorry....I know lots of questions but answer what you can. :-*

1) When are you taking the LSAT?
2) What are your currently scoring?/What is your goal?
3) When did you start studying?
4) What is a typical week like for you? Mon-Sun? What do you do everyday (LSAT related of course!)
5) Do you take a day off completely from studying where you just do anything (ex., shop, sleep, etc.) but study?
*6) When you are studying, what sorts of things do you do? Are you doing games untimed, reading powerscore's lgb & lrb over? Doing individual sections?

7) When will you start taking timed tests?

8)Anything you'd like to add?

Thank you!
:-*

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
You forgot to ask for SSN's, bank account numbers, and links to personal web cams.  You also failed to claim you have $20mill in an offshore seized account you will share to get out of a tight spot overseas.

get a life grumpy. look for drama on some other forum.

December2008

• View Profile
I guess I came to the wrong place. Looks like I am asking for too much!

December2008

• View Profile
I guess I am asking for too Much!

Sappho

• View Profile
Well, you just posted your message a few days ago, so don't expect everyone to come marching to answer your question.  You also get some smart mouths who post mesasges to be total jerks.

There are quite a few posts already about many of your questions.  These remain active on the first page -

Check out a few of these posts for information about studying and preparing for the LSAT:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4012881.0.html
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4012980.msg5151450.html#msg5151450

I hope these help.  Continue to ignore posts by those idiots.  While unfortunately you may run into them in law school one day, at least you may have an idea what type of person they are.
Law School 2011.
Took the LSAT twice.  Scored higher (thankfully) with the second test.
Special thank you to http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ for the LSAT study guides.
Good luck with applications everyone!

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I guess I am asking for too Much!

Did you really expect a response in 3 minutes?  Geez.

December2008

• View Profile
Thanks. And yes, after reading this board for a while now, I do realize there are assholes here.

Well, you just posted your message a few days ago, so don't expect everyone to come marching to answer your question.  You also get some smart mouths who post mesasges to be total jerks.

There are quite a few posts already about many of your questions.  These remain active on the first page -

Check out a few of these posts for information about studying and preparing for the LSAT:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4012881.0.html
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4012980.msg5151450.html#msg5151450

I hope these help.  Continue to ignore posts by those idiots.  While unfortunately you may run into them in law school one day, at least you may have an idea what type of person they are.

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email
You forgot to ask for SSN's, bank account numbers, and links to personal web cams.  You also failed to claim you have $20mill in an offshore seized account you will share to get out of a tight spot overseas.

Sheesh, people. If his posts are offensive, just ignore him altogether. Why bother with a reply?

On the other hand, I wonder if I'm the only one to find the humor in Cliff's sarcasm...

To "December2008", I'll reply, although I only just began my study, so I don't know how useful this will be:

1) When are you taking the LSAT?  June 2009

2) What are your currently scoring?/What is your goal?  My diagnostic was 156 (timed/without prep). My goal is 175 for scholarship purposes (need mid-160's to get into desired school)

3) When did you start studying? This month

4) What is a typical week like for you? Mon-Sun? What do you do everyday (LSAT related of course!)
Mon-Sun I usually check this board at least once. I haven't yet begun studying hard-core with PS books, because they haven't arrived yet. I plan to spend at least 30 minutes a day on them (which is a lot for me, since I have a LOT else on my plate, unlike many here, apparently). Right now I spend about 30 minutes every other day going over the questions I missed on my diagnostic LSAT last week.

5) Do you take a day off completely from studying where you just do anything (ex., shop, sleep, etc.) but study? No, since my study times are so small.

*6) When you are studying, what sorts of things do you do? Are you doing games untimed, reading powerscore's lgb & lrb over? Doing individual sections? Reading study guides (PS, etc) OR taking a time practice test

7) When will you start taking timed tests? Already started.

8)Anything you'd like to add? Everyone's method is different. See what works for YOU and YOUR individual needs.
Married w/ 2 kids
Philosophy Major/Business Minor
Graduation: May 2010
PTs:156[Aug08];
June 2009 LSAT: ---
UG GPA: 3.7

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email

Sheesh, people. If his posts are offensive, just ignore him altogether. Why bother with a reply?

On the other hand, I wonder if I'm the only one to find the humor in Cliff's sarcasm...

To "December2008", I'll reply, although I only just began my study, so I don't know how useful this will be:

2) What are your currently scoring?/What is your goal?  My diagnostic was 156 (timed/without prep). My goal is 175 for scholarship purposes (need mid-160's to get into desired school)

Mon-Sun I usually check this board at least once. I haven't yet begun studying hard-core with PS books, because they haven't arrived yet. I plan to spend at least 30 minutes a day on them (which is a lot for me, since I have a LOT else on my plate, unlike many here, apparently), and up to 3 hours, depending on my schedule. Right now I spend about 30 minutes every day going over the questions I missed on my diagnostic LSAT last week.

5) Do you take a day off completely from studying where you just do anything (ex., shop, sleep, etc.) but study? No, since my study times are so small.

*6) When you are studying, what sorts of things do you do? Are you doing games untimed, reading powerscore's lgb & lrb over? Doing individual sections? Reading study guides (Powerscore, once they arrive) OR taking a timed practice test

8)Anything you'd like to add? Everyone's method is different. See what works for YOU and YOUR individual needs.
Married w/ 2 kids
Philosophy Major/Business Minor
Graduation: May 2010
PTs:156[Aug08];
June 2009 LSAT: ---
UG GPA: 3.7

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email

Mon-Sun I usually check this board at least once. I haven't yet begun studying hard-core with PS books, because they haven't arrived yet. I plan to spend at least 30 minutes a day on them (which is a lot for me, since I have a LOT else on my plate, unlike many here, apparently). Right now I spend about 30 minutes every other day going over the questions I missed on my diagnostic LSAT last week.

*6) When you are studying, what sorts of things do you do? Are you doing games untimed, reading powerscore's lgb & lrb over? Doing individual sections? Reading study guides (PS, etc) OR taking a time practice test

Well, sometimes it's good to let someone know how stupid they are. Like when someone asks where to find an online timer. I mean, come on, if you can type www.lawschooldiscussion.com, you can type www.google.com, online timer. If you can't figure that out, someone should give you an obnoxious remark. IMO.

If you find humor in ANYTHING cliff writes, I'm sincerely worried about you, and I think you have a horrible sense or humor.

Everything you wrote above is a complete waste. If that helps the OP then he is really, really dumb. I mean, who cares what someone else is currently scoring and when they started studying? What does that have to do with anyone else? Oh, you already started taking your practice tests, ok, check, thank goodness I got that info. 

As for #8..so, what you're saying is that everyone's study method is different, and each individual should find out what works for them..ok, thanks. Just making notes..  :-*
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN