Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question on strategy for LG games with multiple variables  (Read 1701 times)

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Question on strategy for LG games with multiple variables
« on: August 09, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
For games like:
-----------------------------
intro books: ABC  advanced: XYZ

Author: K/J
setup:

I/A: _ _ _ _ _ _
J  : _ _ _ _ _ _

--------------------------------

If there are no scenario and you had to plug in the options for each question, is there a faster way to get around than erasing? very often later question asks based on previously diagrammed options, so we can't delete them. but to write up the setup all over again requires too much time. Any help would be appreciated.

amassherst

• View Profile
Re: Question on strategy for LG games with multiple variables
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »
I'd be interested in answers to this myself.  I took my first ever practice exam early this morning and I haven't read any strategies for logic games at all, so I was just relying on my own (slow) strategies.  I had this same problem on some questions.  I didn't know whether to erase my little diagrams or to write entirely new ones next to the previous ones so that I can just look and compare the various options.  I never really diagrammed all the options because that could sometimes be four or more charts and that's just way too time consuming.  So, at times I'd come up with about three different charts that give me a very good idea of what small changes might look like and how the limitations would affect them.  By that time, I'd probably be able to eliminate two choices.  Then, after spending, who knows, fifteen minutes, on one logic game, I'd make an educated guess for the solution based on the remaining three choices.  Not a winning LSAT strategy or pace, that's for sure.  So, I'll be searching LSD for what works for the games.

technicalities

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
For games like:

setup:

If there are no scenario and you had to plug in the options for each question, is there a faster way to get around than erasing? very often later question asks based on previously diagrammed options, so we can't delete them. but to write up the setup all over again requires too much time. Any help would be appreciated.

Stop being lame, practice with your pencil a little more unless you are an intentional flame, which is what I suspect.   
The idiot who created the virus was arrested, but got off on a high-technicality

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 05:20:44 PM »
uh oh.

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »
For games like:

setup:

Stop being lame, practice with your pencil a little more unless you are an intentional flame, which is what I suspect.   

You mad about testmasters getting jipped and raped? how about this for intentional flame?

Blueprint is much better, friendlier, cheaper, and cooler than Testmasters. You guys are just bunch of whiney cry babies. Please tell us more about your litigation. We care. ::rollseyes::

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 02:23:02 AM »
anybody?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 08:30:59 AM »
need describe problem better.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your Q either, but I'll take a shot.

Powerscore recommends that you do a new diagram for each question, just in case the info provided is helpful in a later question.  I personally disagree, b/c of the time involved in doing so, and the limited space available for writing.  I instead recommend making a master diagram, that you can always refer to, and then making a second working diagram that you can add to, clearing off after every question.

SwEep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »

Powerscore recommends that you do a new diagram for each question, just in case the info provided is helpful in a later question.  I personally disagree, b/c of the item involved in doing so, and the limited space available for writing.  I instead recommend making a master diagram, that you can always refer to, and then making a second working diagram that you can add to, clearing off after every question.

The only problem is that some initial diagrams have too many slots and variables, and it would take up too much time to re-write another diagram for new questions.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »

Powerscore recommends that you do a new diagram for each question, just in case the info provided is helpful in a later question.  I personally disagree, b/c of the item involved in doing so, and the limited space available for writing.  I instead recommend making a master diagram, that you can always refer to, and then making a second working diagram that you can add to, clearing off after every question.

The only problem is that some initial diagrams have too many slots and variables, and it would take up too much time to re-write another diagram for new questions.

Yeah, that's why I prefer my approach.