Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MPRE Takers  (Read 1996 times)

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
MPRE Takers
« on: August 07, 2008, 10:14:03 PM »
Good luck.... :D
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: MPRE Takers
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:25:17 AM »
Speaking of which, don't be one of those poor saps who have to take the MPRE a mere week after the bar exam.  You really don't want to do that.  I pity them.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:46:28 AM »
And you also don't wanna be one of those jokers LIKE ME who has to take the MPRE more than once because they just listened to BarBri and studied like 2 days before (if that). 

I hate that damn test with a passion.  In any other state I woulda been rewarded for my slackery, but oh no, not in NY.  NY requires an 85 to pass.  I got an 82 on my first time.  Pissed me the @#!* off!!!

After talking with folks at mine and other firms in the practice, this appears to be a somewhat common phenom in NY, but I still reserve the right to be pissed about it.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:56:09 PM »
Well that's why I took it now. I graduate in May.  And I just wanted to get it over with. 

Preparing for the test really showed me how MUCH I didnt learn in my P.R. class.

But I think I actually got a passing score for NY or FL, wherever I finally end up deciding to practice.

But yeah, the test is horrible in the sense that you are responsible for all those damn rules!

I really hope I dont have to take it over.
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
Naw, it's almost a certainty that you passed.  This is one of those tests that everybody passes the first time without giving it much thought and then they never think about it again afterwards.  See I think about things too much so that was my downfall.   :P
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »
I got my score today.

I got a 102.

I'm good for ANY state!

NY here I come!

P.S. Do the BarBri questions is the advice I have for all, they saved my life!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:32:23 PM »
Good sh!t, son!
Charles H. Houston

SKW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »
Congrats!! I took it as well and scored at 113. I'm just happy to have gotten it out the way!
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:53 PM »
And you also don't wanna be one of those jokers LIKE ME who has to take the MPRE more than once because they just listened to BarBri and studied like 2 days before (if that). 

LOL!   :D  Weren't you a BarBri rep?
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »

LOL!   :D  Weren't you a BarBri rep?

Exactly.
Charles H. Houston