Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Phoenix online degree???  (Read 20714 times)

michelle2008

• View Profile
Re: University of Phoenix online degree???
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 12:10:11 AM »
I currently attend classes at U of P one night a week and let me be one of the first people on this thread to like what the university has to offer. I work more than 40 hours a week and still keep up my 3.5+ GPA. I read someone saying that U of P graduates score low on the LSAT and let me comment about that....I have taken PRACTICE tests and scored higher than 140 without studying. I am enrolled in the KAPLAN course for the LSAT starting in Feb. and I'm sure with the help of that course I will raise my LSAT score high enough to be accepted into a Tier 1 Law School. I think its all how positive one is when trying to get into Law School. I am a VERY non-traditional student having graduated high school in 1988. I received my AA degree in 2000 and now just going back getting my BA. I have a long work history, plenty of life experiences, a good GPA, and now all I need to do is score high on the LSAT in June. U of P is just a stepping stone for my final goal.

reneealberts

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »
There are many universities that offer online courses. There are also many scholarship programs available including Christian scholarships. Check out http://www.libertyu.com for a complete list of scholarships available and how to apply for them.

calgal27

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 12:30:14 PM »
I searched but didn't come up with an definite answer, but are online schools such as UofP looked down upon by law school admission boards? Also I have about 48 credit hours to complete to receive my BA. UofP has nice curriculum, but the cost is $515 per credit hour. Someone mentioned that it's the convenience that your paying for, but for the extra $150 per credit I don't mind walking into ASU to complete the registration process.....lol, but then again all the classes needed aren't necessarily offered online.
Any input is greatly appreciated

I can tell you that there is a state approved law school in Birmingham, AL. They specficially say they do not accept degrees from University of Phoenix.    This is just a state approved school.  Not even ABA approved.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 12:40:34 AM »
Going to class can have it's downside especially with time considerations, but if you want to pay for a University of Phoenix degree, you might as well be flushing your money down the drain. If someone came to me for a job and said they had a 4.0 and U of P, I'd just say, "Oh....that's good..." You know? It has a slightly better reputation than those art training by correspondence programs. You can do better. I know you're busy and I can relate, but as someone on here suggested, can't you start out at community college? If you're worried about not being accepted into any traditional four year institutions in addition to the time concerns, community college is a great way to save money and prove yourself to four-year institutions. And yeah, I don't think most law schools will let you in with a degree from University of Phoenix unless you had awesome, awesome LSAT scores. To the poster who said he or she could get in the 140s without studying and went to U of P, sheesh, I got in the 150's without studying at first and part of that ability was my CORE curriculum for my bachelor's degree. By the way, I am not bragging because some people do a lot better pretesting before they study for the LSAT. My undergraduate institution is way at the bottom of the first tier. Quality of education matters aside from all of the reputation concerns.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 12:41:43 AM »
And I replied to something posted two years ago! Yay! Hope I helped someone in the future at least who Googles this topic~