School Specific Boards > Detroit Mercy

Chat about Detroit Mercy

(1/2) > >>

lawschooljoy:
Now I know that there are many students who will be starting school Fall 2008...why not start your networking now????  Here is an oppurtunity to meet some of your fellow 1L's and interact....who knows you might find your study partner  ;D...School is starting in about 2 weeks has everyone found a place to stay?  What about parking?

WhiteyEMSR:
I did my first year at UDM. I think you'll like the professors and Dean Gordon. Get the grades (I know, easier said than done) and network with the dean and you'll be fine. Good luck to those of you with Mazurak for Contracts. Prepare to be terrified.

lawschooljoy:
Now that you finished your first year do you plan to stay or transfer out? And when you say network with the dean....do you mean just walking into his office and making your presence known?

WhiteyEMSR:

--- Quote from: lawschooljoy on August 06, 2008, 09:04:40 AM ---Now that you finished your first year do you plan to stay or transfer out? And when you say network with the dean....do you mean just walking into his office and making your presence known?

--- End quote ---

I did transfer after my first year, but my class ranking was very high. Regarding the dean, you should make sure he knows who you are and what you want to do with your law degree. If you want to work at a firm, getting in good with the dean will help you (of course, you need the grades too). He has an advisory board made up of partners from law firms from all over the place--contacts like that are important, especially at a 4th tier like UDM.

What professors do you have?

lawschooljoy:
Okay good information...if you don't mind me asking where did you transfer to? and what was your rank in the class before you left?  I honestly dont' know who my professors are because I received a letter stating that I would get my schedule the first day of orientation.  Orientation starts next Monday the 18th so I'll find out than and get your opinions about my professors. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version