Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Post bar exam doldrums  (Read 1455 times)

Luziana

• View Profile
Post bar exam doldrums
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
For all those who took the bar exam last week, what are you doing now that it is done?

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Post bar exam doldrums
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »
panicking as 1) i've just now come to the realization that i have put my apartment search on the backburner for far too long, and 2) am just now figuring out how expensive it really is to live in NYC (fed, state, "city" (!!!) taxes, broker fees (!!!), move-in fees, application fees, breathing fees, blood pumping fees, etc).

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
I am working 40 hours per week and it feels like a vacation.  Sunday I had an entire day off.  After working all day every day for so long, now I have some guilt in the back of my mind when I am not working even if I don't have anything that I need to be doing.

I do wish I could find out my results quicker.  I have a job that doesn't depend on my passing, and if I pass I am going to start looking to move on to something else.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »
Life is good again.  I'm getting ready to leave for an almost 2 week vacation where there is a beach, a pool, and most importantly, a pool bar.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »
I'm finally winding down. Last week was somewhat of a whirlwind. I turned 30 on Monday, headed up to Atlanta to stay at a seedy hotel. Then I took the Bar Exam Tuesday and Wed. I headed back to Tallahassee Wed. night. Then my fiance and I packed up our apartment on Thursday, cleaned it Friday, then we moved to Atlanta on Saturday. Unpacked Sunday. One hell of a week.

Now I'm doing the best I can to do nothing for a week before I start work next Monday. I'm going to go to Athens tonight to see some friends (and drink heavily), and then I'll just relax for the rest of the week. My biggest activity for the rest of this week will be trying to find a deal on a Washer-Dryer. ;)

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »
panicking as 1) i've just now come to the realization that i have put my apartment search on the backburner for far too long, and 2) am just now figuring out how expensive it really is to live in NYC (fed, state, "city" (!!!) taxes, broker fees (!!!), move-in fees, application fees, breathing fees, blood pumping fees, etc).

I hear NYC is going to ban breathing soon, so you won't have to worry about those breathing fees in the near future.

Luziana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:20:08 PM »
After working all day every day for so long, now I have some guilt in the back of my mind when I am not working even if I don't have anything that I need to be doing.

I hear you... I don't have anything to do right now.  (Still seeking employment, but this late in the game, no one is hiring until results come out.)  I feel vaguely guilty sitting at home doing nothing.  I just keep thinking, there must be something productive I should be doing right this minute.

WhiteyEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »
Moving to Chicago this week, getting married on Saturday, leaving for Greece a few days later. Don't have to start work until the end of September!

Still stressing a bit about passing!

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »
I am getting caught up on all the housework I neglected during bar review. With our 3rd child only a month away, I have some serious rearranging to do. Yesterday, I put bunk beds together. This weekend we are going to paint the nursery.

Other than that, I have mainly been blogging. Today, I did my first ever radio appearance. It was pretty cool.

txlawstu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »
Sitting around bored to tears.  I don't know what to do with myself now that there is no studying to do.  Trying to figure out temporary employment options as I don't have a job as most prosecutor offices don't hire pre-bar its not really an option to find a full-time real job.

Not feeling unproductive, that is nice for a change, just feel strange because I don't know what to do.