Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The world may not really need new law schools, but in NYS ...  (Read 293 times)

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
The world may not really need new law schools, but in NYS ...
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »
... it seems like a good idea to open new schools at Binghamton and Stonybrook. It's unbelievable to me that with all the private schools in the state that there still is only one state school (well, two if you include CUNY, but they're very low on the totem pole). That seems wrong when we're talking about the second biggest state in the U.S. I got waitlisted at Buffalo; I'm sure there were lots of others in the same boat, since the school (smartly) keeps its yearly enrollment to 250 students. It would have nice to put apps into a couple of other state schools as other lower-cost options. How state-run law schools are there in California? UCLA, Boalt, Cal-Davis, Cal-Hastings ... at least those four, and probably one or two I've overlooked (USC uis private, right?). Granted, all of those are mid-T2 or higher, but the options are there. For New York residents, the best hope to save on tuition besides Buffalo is to apply to the other states' schools and hope to to gain residency by 3L.

This state doesn't need 14 private schools, really. Wondering what others think ...   
Pace '10