Law School Discussion

How do you erase answered q's?

How do you erase answered q's?
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »
Weird question, I know :D. Last year I bought some official LSATs from Ebay, that've been answered by another person, and the answers were heavily marked by another LSAT taker >:(. No matter how hard I tried to erase mark outs and circles I could still see the marks. The same story with the LSATs I've already taken(I took LSAT test two times, passed it in December, was accepted to one school, but decided to take the last shot this October). I have Kaplan's books, Testmasters books, official LSATs,-all of them marked with a pencil. Normally I erase all the marks possible, and after that I evenly cover them again with a pencil, so I will not notice any marks, however,  it's very time consumming. I have to see those a,b,c,d,e and mark them off every time I answer. I wonder if anyone has come across the same problem. What do you, guys, do, when you want to retake or to reanswer, except for mere erasing? ??? I've learned that for every problem in U.S. there's a solution, probably I just do not know about some stickers, something that may help ::). Tired of wasting my time for erasing.

Re: How do you erase answered q's?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:27:32 AM »
try circling and marking up all the choices so you wont know what the previous guy answered. then when you take it, use a blue pen so you know what markings are yours.

Scentless Apprentice

• My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:38:47 AM »
I had this problem with a couple of tests I bought from eBay

I ended up cutting the sticky part of a post it note out long ways & pasted it right over the A -> E answer choices, and then just wrote in my own A's etc. on the post it strip.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 02:05:09 AM »
I have bought Tests from 39-51 from EBAY. Unfortunately, LCAC has not put together those LSAT's in a book of ten >:(. Besides, now I am short of money and have no desire to buy everything brand new. I really had an itching desire to buy every test brand new, especially ones from 2000 to 2008 brand, but, OMGWTF, is there any other solution? I place is covered with LSAT books, I do not want do double it. I am just asking id there's a solution to the problem that I've missed. Anyways, thanks for a feedback! :)

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 02:25:43 AM »
Cliff007, ammonia, was my top choice before I realized that I could see the answers for test 7 when I am taking test 51. Kinda eats through the paper. I liked the stinking smell, though ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
I tried going the route of buying used LSAT books cuz they are way cheaper, but the writing in them threw me off. I decided to bite the bullet and buy brand new books. It'll save you tons of aggrivation.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:42:51 AM »
I had the same issue, and I tried a tchnique similar to lavahead... I typed A B C D E vertically in a word doc and copied and pasted it over and over. Then I printed a bunch of copies, stacked them up and cut out each set. Then I took a piece of tape and taped it over every answer. Kind of time consuming, but easy to do in one sitting. For the tests that were marked with my own answers, I taped it so that I could look under and see what answer I had chosen before.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:46:43 AM »
Well assuming you don't have the money to buy new (which I'm assuming you don't otherwise you would have bought them new) I'll try to give you advice you can maybe use. I would either erase as hard as you can do get rid of diagramming etc. and then as a poster above suggested, cut a strip off a post it note or piece of paper to cover the a, b, c, d, e of all the questions. I would then photocopy all the pages of the PT so that when your copy is produced you just have the answer choices there. Hope this method makes sense. Though I think the quickest/easiest suggestion thus far is to just mess up all the answer choices and go over it with a blue pen. Also just because someone has circled an answer choice or marked it off doesn't mean that person was getting them all right. Maybe they got them all wrong? Try not to let that deter you if you can.