Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The other side: what some law schools wont tell you  (Read 9341 times)

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
The other side: what some law schools wont tell you
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
I see that many of you are trying to decide which school that you want to attend. In the interest of full disclosure, I decided to post a interesting thread that all prospective law applicants should read. These are things that the schools wont discuss with you. These are real people with real experiences and some of their comments should be taken to heart when making a decision about law school.

http://www.jdunderground.com/thread.php?threadId=5710

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
Re: The other side: what some law schools wont tell you
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:17:40 PM »
The following article has been forwarded to a large percentage of law school students and grads. This Wall Street Journal article actually inspired the thread that I posted above. After I read it I was shocked. So I am just keeping everyone in the loop so that you can make the best decisions.

Good luck and remember to ask tough questions to your prospective law school before you make a decision. Your wallet will thank you later!

Here is the famous Wall Street Journal article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119040786780835602.html

pd112aux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:10 PM »
Wiimote has been saying this for years.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »
Well, that guy is on the ball. Everyone should ask the tough questions to these law schools. I am doing my part to arm you with the necessary information.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »
Anyone willing to spend 100,000 dollars or more without doing their due diligence/finding out exactly what they're paying for deserves whatever they get.  But you're not helping anyone.  Keep posting if it helps you feel better though...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 03:55:13 PM »
Anyone willing to spend 100,000 dollars or more without doing their due diligence/finding out exactly what they're paying for deserves whatever they get.  But you're not helping anyone.  Keep posting if it helps you feel better though...

Most people are doing their due diligence. However, some people are not informed of what to expect once you get out. Post- law school life can only be brought to light if you speak with real people with real experiences. So I am just forwarding everyone the information that has been circulating among law school students and law grads. Everyone should still pursue their dreams but they should avail themselves to all information that is out there.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
Like I just said, people need to do some research before they write a check or take out loans.  Its called making an informed decision.  Its also called doing their due diligence.  I'm sorry you're having trouble with the concept but I'm not getting more involved in this discussion than what I've already said.

Good luck with the rest of your altruistic pursuits.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
i'd say this was just another bitter wii or loyola2l alt, but she has too high a post count

No bitterness here. Yes, I have been a member since 2004 when I started the pre-law school application process. Now I am prepping for the bar. I would not waste my time with a bitter post. I found this data informative and I decided to share the knowledge. Since many people are posting "where should I go threads," I decided that this info would be beneficial.   FYI: the journalist who wrote the article  was not bitter. And he did not attend Loyola law. Don't shoot the messenger   

Visual Dictionary

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
Where'd you go to school?  Are you satisfied?
Yep.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
Where'd you go to school?  Are you satisfied?

Stop it Wally.  I thought you had overcome this post-neurotic stress syndrome of yours?  Is the medication not working?