Law School Discussion

Which schools does the Illuminati recruit out of?

Thistle

• View Profile
Re: Which schools does the Illuminati recruit out of?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 06:46:11 AM »
hmph.  i'm just gonna make my own club if you boys wont let me in.

Right on!

Who needs their stupid clubs anyway?  All of the outfits they wear to the secret meetings are horrid.

really!  who wants to wear the SAME THING as everybody else?  ugh! 

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 06:47:13 AM »
Silly boy, NEVER underestimate the power of ROME!

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 06:52:03 AM »

who are you talking to?

dot, having found this in another thread, i hereby propose that we girls form the cult of the one shoe:

Well, it's really an interesting subject .. every so often as you're driving along there's just one shoe lying there on the road. There's never the other shoe in the pair, just that one shoe. Does someone throw their shoe out the window in disgust? Do kids throw their parents' shoes out the back of the station wagon? Do they sprout from seeds sewn by bird droppings in the pavement? This is a worldwide phenomenon: I've seen road shoes sit there, dusty and flattened, in India, Europe, and Mexico and on many highways and byways of North America.

Many great and not-so-great minds have wrestled with this phenomenon without arriving at any firm conclusions. David Feldman devotes 7 pages to the topic in his book When Do Fish Sleep, in the course of which he elucidates 13 theories on lone shoe origin. Clearly, what Dave needs is find himself a date.

There is disagreement on how widespread the phenomenon is. Some say it's confined to North America, and that you never see shoes on, say, the German autobahn. There is no single explanation for the lone shoes. One woman said she placed an extra pair of shoes on the roof of the car while she loaded some stuff, then forgot about them and pulled off. When she checked a while later they were gone. Another said a passenger had his feet up on the dash when the car hit a pothole, whereupon he became unshoed. Unshod. You know what I mean. Yet another claimed he personally had gone around the country strategically depositing shoes in order to sow panic amongst the populace. There's one in every crowd.

None of this really gets at the heart of the matter, however. One dedicated research team, including two short and irrepressible members who several times came perilously close to contributing personally to the lost shoe population, recently conducted a 1,500-mile cross-country car trip, traveling on everything from interstates to gravel roads. En route they passed thousands of identifiable items of roadside debris, chiefly pieces of retread tire on the interstates (how anybody can stand to drive on those things you will never know) and food packaging (mostly cans and bottles) everywhere else. Total shoe count: 4, including one each in Knoxville, Tennessee, and Louisville, Kentucky, and 2 on the road into Chicago. Granted this was in May, not (to hear some tell it) the height of shoe season. And they probably missed a few, such as when one of their little researchers was screaming at the top of her lungs. Still, considering the vast quantity of roadside junk, we are talking about a tiny number of shoes. I would venture to say people have the idea that the highways are littered with shoes because

(1) a roadside shoe is such an ineffably memorable sight, and
(2) virtually all other trash on the road is either anonymous or numbingly commonplace. 

As to why you always see one shoe, never a pair, what do you expect? Assuming most of the shoes are lost by accident, the chances of two randomly ejected shoes landing together is vanishingly small.

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »
dot, having found this in another thread, i hereby propose that we girls form the cult of the one shoe:

PERFECT. 

1st rule of shoe club:  Never talk about shoe club.    :D

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 07:00:11 AM »

PERFECT. 

does this mean we cant have stationary and nice cards or tshirt?  and we need a thread!

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 07:04:35 AM »

PERFECT. 

does this mean we cant have stationary and nice cards or tshirt?  and we need a thread!

Oh, you're totally right.  I didn't think of that.  Ok, I hereby move to strike the 1st rule of shoe club.

I also think we need to kidnap the head designer for Jimmy Choo and put him/her to work for our cause.  I know that kidnapping is technically against the law, but we're working for a greater good here.

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 07:17:40 AM »

who are you talking to?

Well, it's really an interesting subject .. every so often as you're driving along there's just one shoe lying there on the road. There's never the other shoe in the pair, just that one shoe. Does someone throw their shoe out the window in disgust? Do kids throw their parents' shoes out the back of the station wagon? Do they sprout from seeds sewn by bird droppings in the pavement? This is a worldwide phenomenon: I've seen road shoes sit there, dusty and flattened, in India, Europe, and Mexico and on many highways and byways of North America.

Many great and not-so-great minds have wrestled with this phenomenon without arriving at any firm conclusions. David Feldman devotes 7 pages to the topic in his book When Do Fish Sleep, in the course of which he elucidates 13 theories on lone shoe origin. Clearly, what Dave needs is find himself a date.

There is disagreement on how widespread the phenomenon is. Some say it's confined to North America, and that you never see shoes on, say, the German autobahn. There is no single explanation for the lone shoes. One woman said she placed an extra pair of shoes on the roof of the car while she loaded some stuff, then forgot about them and pulled off. When she checked a while later they were gone. Another said a passenger had his feet up on the dash when the car hit a pothole, whereupon he became unshoed. Unshod. You know what I mean. Yet another claimed he personally had gone around the country strategically depositing shoes in order to sow panic amongst the populace. There's one in every crowd.

None of this really gets at the heart of the matter, however. One dedicated research team, including two short and irrepressible members who several times came perilously close to contributing personally to the lost shoe population, recently conducted a 1,500-mile cross-country car trip, traveling on everything from interstates to gravel roads. En route they passed thousands of identifiable items of roadside debris, chiefly pieces of retread tire on the interstates (how anybody can stand to drive on those things you will never know) and food packaging (mostly cans and bottles) everywhere else. Total shoe count: 4, including one each in Knoxville, Tennessee, and Louisville, Kentucky, and 2 on the road into Chicago. Granted this was in May, not (to hear some tell it) the height of shoe season. And they probably missed a few, such as when one of their little researchers was screaming at the top of her lungs. Still, considering the vast quantity of roadside junk, we are talking about a tiny number of shoes. I would venture to say people have the idea that the highways are littered with shoes because

(2) virtually all other trash on the road is either anonymous or numbingly commonplace. 

As to why you always see one shoe, never a pair, what do you expect? Assuming most of the shoes are lost by accident, the chances of two randomly ejected shoes landing together is vanishingly small.

I was talking to TimMitchell who responded to the effect that Opus Dei was harmless but then deleted his post just before my post went through.  Sorry to interrupt your little hen party...

TimMitchell

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »

who are you talking to?

I was talking to TimMitchell who responded to the effect that Opus Dei was harmless but then deleted his post just before my post went through.  Sorry to interrupt your little hen party...

I didn't delete it... don't know what happened. I am glad you broke up their little hen party, though

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:19 AM »
The Masons was thrown out there.  Good suggestion.  One of my friends on the outside mis-characterizes the Masons as "the authors of all evil of the Western world."  You can join as an adult, but for real penetration, you should have joined DeMolay when you were a teen or still under 21.  In layman's terms, the Order of DeMolay is like 'junior Masons'.  In Politics, DeMolay are generally future governors.  Masons and Illuminati always take DeMolay under their wing and cultivate them for success.  A couple of recent House Speakers were from the Order as well.  Bill Clinton was a DeMolay. Walt Disney was a Demolay.  Jonn Wayne and John Steinbeck were both DeMolay.  Coincidence?  Methinks not!

So, I'd say that for your purposes, DeMolay/Masons > Skull & Bones because you don't have to go to Yale exclusively to join. And as a Mason you'll know who's a Mason in your area/job market, facilitating your SA and job search immeasurably.

You might not have heard about DeMolay because it's so underground.  There's some info online, but this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VpEqChIRB0) offers a close look into what they're about.       

TimMitchell

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »
The Masons was thrown out there.  Good suggestion.  One of my friends on the outside mis-characterizes the Masons as "the authors of all evil of the Western world."  You can join as an adult, but for real penetration, you should have joined DeMolay when you were a teen or still under 21.  In layman's terms, the Order of DeMolay is like 'junior Masons'.  In Politics, DeMolay are generally future governors.  Masons and Illuminati always take DeMolay under their wing and cultivate them for success.  A couple of recent House Speakers were from the Order as well.  Bill Clinton was a DeMolay. Walt Disney was a Demolay.  Jonn Wayne and John Steinbeck were both DeMolay.  Coincidence?  Methinks not!

So, I'd say that for your purposes, DeMolay/Masons > Skull & Bones because you don't have to go to Yale exclusively to join. And as a Mason you'll know who's a Mason in your area/job market, facilitating your SA and job search immeasurably.

You might not have heard about DeMolay because it's so underground.  There's some info online, but this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VpEqChIRB0) offers a close look into what they're about.       

My friend tried recruiting me for DeMoley when I was in third grade. I remember chanting a couple things and kissing the bible. Never went to another meeting cause the people there were kinda weird. I had no idea what was going on (I was 10) and a few years later I was talking to my dad about this history of the masons or something, and he reminded me about it. Totally weird.