Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova WL  (Read 2180 times)

CarliRose

• View Profile
Villanova WL
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:22:30 AM »
Anyone accepted off of Villanova's WL?
(Yes, I checked LSN and there have been a few people who have been accepted so far, but I was not able to get any real info on what they did specifically to get that spot!)

I've sent a letter of continued interest, emailed the dean of admissions about a question I had, sent my final grades, had a fourth letter of recommendation sent, etc. BUT, if anyone has any other ideas/suggestions on things that have worked for them, PLEASE let me know!

I'm getting married tomorrow and I'm more nervous about getting off a WL than the whole committing myself to someone for the rest of my life thing! Sad. My LSAT score is only 1 pt lower than a few of the people already accepted, so I keep HOPING for some good news!

PS. any WL people from the philly/suburbs area want to visit? I read somewhere that this could be helpful! I also think it would be more fun to have someone to explore with.  :)
LSAT: 161
GPA: crummy, thanks for asking.

In: Drexel $, Widener $
Pending: Temple, Villanova

TimMitchell

Re: Villanova WL
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
I visited Villanova and sent a LOCI, too. They were my top choice school before I retook the LSAT and decided to wait a year for different schools. After I improved my score I automatically got an acceptance. FWIW I went from 157 (WL) to 165 (admit). What do you have now? I am waiving my acceptance, so there are more spots out there!

CarliRose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
 :-[ 156.

To be fair, though, I had a baby 18 months ago. I remained a full-time student (18-24 credits/semester) throughout my pregnancy and eventual birth of my daughter. This was also when I took the LSAT. Although I DID study, I think I was overwhelmed and could have done better.
I can't take it again until NEXT fall and I REALLY wanted to start school this fall. I guess we'll see!

TimMitchell

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
If you don't get in are you going to go to another school or retake?

CarliRose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »
Well, I had also been wait-listed at Rutgers Camden, but because their wait-list has been disbanded, I have no chance there.
Therefore, I will likely re-apply if I do not get in.

I just can't STAND the idea of sitting around for an entire year not doing what I've been working towards for the last year!

TimMitchell

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 10:50:49 AM »
Maybe you should retake the LSAT and improve you odds next year? Didn't you apply to any safeties like Widener?

CarliRose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »
Ah, Yes. I did apply to Widener and was accepted immediately.
However, I was so encouraged by being on two WLs (Vill. and Rutgers), both significantly higher ranked schools, that I let go of Widener. WL at two T2 v. accepted at T4... shallow, maybe, but I was thrilled to not be immediately rejected!

Now, I certainly would love the opportunity to retake the LSAT next year now that I've finished college and no longer have a newborn, but I used up my 3 shots this past year and won't be eligible to re-take until the following year, postponing law school 2 years. Hubby and I have some personal reasons for wanting to get law school started and finished within the next few years and delaying it would basically mess up all kinds of plans we've made for ourselves.

PS. On LSN, someone just got off the WL with a lower LSAT than mine. This is both motivating (yay for accepting people in my range) and annoying (why not ME!)
Just kidding. I'm always happy for the WL,Accepted people. It must feel awesome!