Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: September 2009 LSAT anyone?  (Read 6406 times)

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: September 2009 LSAT anyone?
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 01:54:35 PM »
Okay, a question. I will be applying for early admission to the IU School of Law in Indy (I'm at IUPUI now, and own a home, so this would be NICE for me) and that needs to be in no later than November. Should I bump up to the June 2009 LSAT instead? (EDIT: I changed my signature to reflect the change, although if I'm not ready I'll move it back to September...)

Otherwise - good luck! It's good to see others looking ahead! My biggest obstacle will be the birth of my son (already have a girl) in September of this year (on top of classes and PT work at the start of the new year). But I'm optimistic. Anyone else a little worried about sticking to a schedule due to outside time constraints?

I vote yes, shoot for the June 2009 test, that way if something goes wrong or whatever you can still re-take the Sept 2009 test and be able to apply for EA.  You've got almost a year to prep for the June one so that should give you enough time to work in the studies and care for your kids and all that.  Maybe you can have your girl do logic games with you!  For some reason young kids find those things fun, maybe it's cuz they are called games. 

Yeah, I'm worried about sticking to a schedule with distractions and stuff.  I think I'm getting addicted to this site for one thing! 

Ah! You got to my post before I edited.  ;) Thank you for the advice. I will most likely do just that - shoot for the June, but if needed change to the September. Unfortunately, my daughter is only 21 months now, so she won't be much help! But I am looking forward to doing "homework" with her while she's in school. :) Do you have children?
Married w/ 2 kids
Philosophy Major/Business Minor
Graduation: May 2010
PTs:156[Aug08];
June 2009 LSAT: ---
UG GPA: 3.7

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »
I think I'm getting addicted to this site for one thing! 

At least this board isn't super active (at least I don't think it is)...
Married w/ 2 kids

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
Cliff,
Of course it's fun - she didn't have law school admissions hanging over her head!  ::) Although I imagine that approaching the games with a lighter attitude can't hurt.

It makes sense that this board would get busy around test time. Thanks for the heads-up!
Married w/ 2 kids

rfsisk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »
Um so I am new to this whole site and everything, and you all kind of have me freaked out a little bit. I just now bought my books for the October 2008 LSAT, and I am going to start studying here in the next week or so. Am I getting too much of a late start here? I've had several friends take the LSAT and they didn't start studying until 2 months or so before the test, so I figured I was still okay. Is this not the case?

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 08:11:06 AM »
Um so I am new to this whole site and everything, and you all kind of have me freaked out a little bit. I just now bought my books for the October 2008 LSAT, and I am going to start studying here in the next week or so. Am I getting too much of a late start here? I've had several friends take the LSAT and they didn't start studying until 2 months or so before the test, so I figured I was still okay. Is this not the case?

Ah! Don't freak out! :) Remember, I have one child with another on the way, I'm working part-time (25 hours) and going to school full-time (12-15 hours)... I have a LOT of things on my plate that require extra time in order for me to feel that I have prepped enough. I'm also hoping for 175+, which would get me a full ride for at least the first year at the school of my choice (IU Indy).

That said, it is a little late to begin a relaxed preparation, but ANYTHING is better than nothing at all!! Have you taken a diagnostic test yet of any kind? If you put the effort into it, and you believe that you will be fine, you will be. Don't let those of us who want to start early freak you out - most of the posters on this board will tell you that a year can cause burnout for many people. If your friends did fine, you may too - or you may not. The effectiveness of your study is probably more important than the amount of time you spend on it. How do you take standardized tests? What kind of score are you looking for?
Married w/ 2 kids

NatalieAtKnewton

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 06:51:03 PM »
Hi, I just wanted to let you all know that Knewton is trying to fill their last few spots for their LSAT course that begins tomorrow (6/26) and is heavily reducing their course (usually $890). For the next 24 hours you can purchase the full course for $399! For those interested go to http://bit.ly/18bqbm.

To learn more about Knewton's LSAT course, go to www.Knewton.com/LSAT.

Thanks, and good luck studying!

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 07:34:09 PM »
I already took and passed it to get into lawschool come january, but am retaking it anyways is september too. I am hoping to get a better score and get more school scholarships. A few friends of mine who are still in undergrad are carpooling with me to take it also. It will be their first time, but also my last shot at an improvment(unless I do it one last time again in december which would be cutting it too close for my comfort) so I dont know who will be more nervous them or me. Wish us all luck, best of luck to you as well. If you study you should do fine.  ;)

Hello!

Is anyone else preparing for the September 2009 LSAT?

I saw another member who was preparing for the June 2009 already. I will take my first LSAT next year, and yes, I have already read the stickies and posts concerning preparing in advance and recommended books.

I'm just curious. :)

cs0620

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not sure what decade to live in...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »
I am taking it too.  Trying to get prepped.  What are you guys doing to study?
The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity.

John F. Kennedy

rlqueener

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
I plan on taking it in a once every 2 year cycle for the rest of my life.
What the Hell.
LMAO: Sept. hardest LSAT ever!
Julie your the best!

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »
Your not serious about taking the test again after admissions are you? If so why? I'm just curious.
Why do you think september will be the hardest?

I plan on taking it in a once every 2 year cycle for the rest of my life.
What the Hell.
LMAO: Sept. hardest LSAT ever!
Julie your the best!