Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long does it take for LSAC to receive transcripts?  (Read 4770 times)

AshleyNicole

• View Profile
How long does it take for LSAC to receive transcripts?
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
Will I be OK if I send my transcript over at the end of August?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: How long does it take for LSAC to receive transcripts?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »
What does "OK" mean for you?  There are too many variables to answer this question with great accuracy (how fast does the school process, how far are you from Newtown, are a bunch of other people sending at the same time, etc).

I had a metric assload of transcripts to send in.  I started towards the beginning of July after the holiday and those transcripts were processed by LSAC within 2 weeks.  Other transcripts took until the end of July.  So, for me, 2-3(ish) weeks for all transcripts to be received and processed.  I acknowledge this was probably a bit quicker since a lot of people haven't sent their transcripts yet and LSAC does get a rush once people are back at school.  It will probably take around a month at the longest, I'd guesstimate.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
As the other poster said, depends when you want to apply but I think end of August should be a decent time. I'll be sending my updated transcript then. They processed my first transcript (sent very end of June) incredibly quickly though. I faxed my old university the transcript request form, and 10 days later LSAC had received my transcript and processed it. And it was from a Canadian university.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:49:42 AM »
As the other poster said, depends when you want to apply but I think end of August should be a decent time. I'll be sending my updated transcript then. They processed my first transcript (sent very end of June) incredibly quickly though. I faxed my old university the transcript request form, and 10 days later LSAC had received my transcript and processed it. And it was from a Canadian university.

Same here, my transcript sent in June was processed by LSAC less than a week after I requested it from my UG.