Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why am I not progressing with self-study?  (Read 6984 times)

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why am I not progressing with self-study?
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »
I agree with HYSHopeful's post.

Whenever I'm on LSD I have to look left, and if it says 'Julie Fern' or 'cliff007' I skip it. It's annoying, and I'm sure many others are equally annoyed when they lose a minute of their life reading a worthless post.

Cliff, I un-shunned you long enough to read what you wrote above. You really do have horrible writing and reasoning skills. If you do happen to escape the mechanisms the admissions process has in place, and you get into a decent law school, I have no doubt that you will perform as poorly as you communicate.

Re-shun.

I obviously agree with both of you, and have already decided, as noted, to avoid replying to irrelevant crap as much as possible. 

It would be nice if there were an "ignore" function one could use with specific posters -- it would make the LSAT Study board much more useful, and easier to navigate.  I'll propose this to EarlCat.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:55 AM »
I'm sorry to bump this thread but can I just say I wholeheartedly agree with you 110%?! I just printed up this post today (33 pages!!!) and most of it was a 'conversation' between these 2 people! Talk about a total waste of ink. :-\

Then I searched the forum for other advice on prepping (as advised by a # of posters here) and most of them were hijacked by these 2 posters.

I think my work is cut out for me w/trying to find a thread not disrupted by them. >:(

Why does this seem to happen on most threads in this Forum? It seems as though 90% of all threads in "Studying for the LSAT" get derailed by Julie Fern and Cliff007.

It is frustrating to post well-considered, thoughtful advice only to realize that it is hidden between pages of nonsensical rambling between Cliff007 and Julie Fern.

Generally, the best strategy is to ignore them as much as possible. Unfortunately, it is becoming harder and harder to do so. There have been threads where I've spent an hour carefully answering the question of someone who legitimately needs advice. I come back a few days later only to find that these two have filled the following 4 pages with their tomfoolery. The thread dies, and the advice is never read by more than a few people who happened upon it before the thread was denigrated. This discourages individuals like me from posting legitimate advice, it makes it difficult or impossible for people in real need of advice to receive it. These absurd digressions are hurting the "Studying for the LSAT" board, and they are hurting the people who come here for help.

Julie Fern and Cliff007: I understand that you two are just having fun, but please consider how your posts are effecting those who come here to give/receive legitimate advice and engage in an actual intellectual discourse about a very difficult exam. Limiting this sort of behavior to Off-Topic boards would be very much appreciated.

Lindbergh: Replying to them only encourages them... and contributes to the pages of text that people have to sift through to finally find any real advice.

EarlCat: Is there anything that you can do as a moderator to control and/or limit this?

Thanks!
-HYSHopeful

and your reward be follow lindbergh's inaccurate advice.

good for you!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
I agree with HYSHopeful's post.

Whenever I'm on LSD I have to look left, and if it says 'Julie Fern' or 'cliff007' I skip it. It's annoying, and I'm sure many others are equally annoyed when they lose a minute of their life reading a worthless post.

Cliff, I un-shunned you long enough to read what you wrote above. You really do have horrible writing and reasoning skills. If you do happen to escape the mechanisms the admissions process has in place, and you get into a decent law school, I have no doubt that you will perform as poorly as you communicate.

Re-shun.

I obviously agree with both of you, and have already decided, as noted, to avoid replying to irrelevant crap as much as possible.

It would be nice if there were an "ignore" function one could use with specific posters -- it would make the LSAT Study board much more useful, and easier to navigate. I'll propose this to EarlCat.

what would be nice if you knew ass from hole in ground.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
It is frustrating to post well-considered, thoughtful advice only to realize that it is hidden between pages of nonsensical rambling between Cliff007 and Julie Fern.

Generally, the best strategy is to ignore them as much as possible. Unfortunately, it is becoming harder and harder to do so. There have been threads where I've spent an hour carefully answering the question of someone who legitimately needs advice. I come back a few days later only to find that these two have filled the following 4 pages with their tomfoolery. The thread dies, and the advice is never read by more than a few people who happened upon it before the thread was denigrated. This discourages individuals like me from posting legitimate advice, it makes it difficult or impossible for people in real need of advice to receive it. These absurd digressions are hurting the "Studying for the LSAT" board, and they are hurting the people who come here for help.

Julie Fern and Cliff007: I understand that you two are just having fun, but please consider how your posts are effecting those who come here to give/receive legitimate advice and engage in an actual intellectual discourse about a very difficult exam. Limiting this sort of behavior to Off-Topic boards would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
-HYSHopeful

I just really liked this post, HYS.  Wasn't sure if everyone saw it.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »
julie engaging in actual accurate discourse.  if you not like, that tough.

stopped trying figure out your norming shortcomings, eh lindy?  what an "expert"!

December2008

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »
You are the best troll I've ever came across. :D

stopped trying figure out your norming shortcomings, eh lindy?  what an "expert"!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2008, 03:31:18 PM »
nonsense.  julie right about that.  if that make julie "troll," so be it.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 09:26:09 AM »

Yes, julie.  Your imaginary friend norm told you that the LSAT lines up the questions in order of difficulty, so it must be true.  Thanks again for sharing that valuable tidbit with us.  Very helpful.   :)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 09:28:10 AM »
julie got lsac data.  you, on other hand, deny their very existence.

onlookers only need apply smell test.  and your attempted diversions about al gore not going cut it, weenie.

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
julie got lsac data.  you, on other hand, deny their very existence.

onlookers only need apply smell test.  and your attempted diversions about al gore not going cut it, weenie.

Yes, julie.  Your imaginary friend norm gave you lsac data proving that the LSAC conveniently lines up the questions in order of difficulty.  We've already thanked you for this.  Why do you feel the need to keep repeating it?  Or denying that Al Gore is the father of the internet?

Thank you again for your pearls of wisdom.  Thank norm while you're at it to.  We're all very grateful to you both.   :-*