Law School Discussion

Why am I not progressing with self-study?

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Why am I not progressing with self-study?
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »
Thanks to everyone who replied. To answer a few of the questions about my study habits, I have been studying intensely for the last two weeks, but the month and a half before that was a few hours here and there, with extra emphasis on the games. As I write this I realize I have not been as dedicated as I could have been, but I have been working full-time so any LSAT prep has felt like a lot.

I have all the LSAT prep tests but have been saving the more recent tests. I will definitely practice untimed and try to increase my accuracy.

Also remember that the LSAT should be your #1 priority when prepping. Even if you're working full time, that means 70 hours a week when you're not working or sleeping. And as long as you prep 3-4 days a week, a couple/few hours at a time, you should be fine.

Think of it as prepping for a prize worth $150,000, if that helps. Because it's worth at least that much in terms of scholarship money and/or future earnings.

told ya.

Seriously, Julie, we're all happy your parents are trying to mainstream you by letting you use the computer, but why do you have to try to get attention when people are looking for actual constructive advice? Can't you just highlight your ignorance on the political boards, like you usually do?

If the poster is working 40 hours a week, and sleeping 40 hours a week (M-F, 8 hours a night), that means another 40 hours during the week that he basically has free. Factor in the weekends, where he's presumably not working, and he has 32 hours then (16 hours a day) where he's basically free. That's over 70 hours that he could theoretically spend prepping. He certainly doesn't need to use all that time on the LSAT (and he actually shouldn't), but it puts things in perspective in terms of how much time he has available, even while working full-time.

And the truth is, he hardly needs to prep every day, 8 hours a day, which would actually be counterproductive. If he preps 3 or 4 times a week, alternating days, for 2-3 hours a day, he'll basically get all the prep time he needs, assuming he gives himself enough lead time before the exam. Any more would probably cause him to burn out early. In total, that's less than 12 hours a week of prep study, and certainly managable.

Of course, I've actually helped people break 170 and get into HYS, while Julie is a functional retard that lets herself be diddled by Cliff007, so the OP will have to decide for himself who he wants to listen to. It's a tough choice, to be sure.

what load crap.  keep passing out misinformation for anyone stupid enough follow.  they been put on  notice.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
that gotta hurt.
Be careful, maybe he is into masochism and will want more.

oh, he glutton for punishment all right.  maybe he feel guilty about being admitted college only due to help meet quota for dipshits.

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 06:04:52 PM »
self-study and not progressing go hand in hand, imo. 

Spor

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »
self-study and not progressing go hand in hand, imo. 

So do you suggest a specific alternative?  A certain course or a tutor?

Scentless Apprentice

• My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 08:36:59 PM »
nodding - EarlCat, please expand. Is it verbalizing the material that you feel helps, or simply having the structure that a class offers? Thanks much.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 08:26:15 AM »

you know nothing about julie, except she know more about lsat than you.

Sure you do, Julie! And someday, when you graduate from your special school, maybe you'll actually take one! (Untimed, of course.)

She's so special!!! :)

bluster not same as knowledge, as we all can see.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 08:27:12 AM »
that gotta hurt.
Be careful, maybe he is into masochism and will want more.

oh, he glutton for punishment all right. maybe he feel guilty about being admitted college only due to help meet quota for dipshits.

Notice how Julie, who has not yet attended college (and probably never will), still sees this as the supreme potential achievement.

Yay, Julie!!!! :)

by "this," of course, you mean humiliating pretentious fops like you.

julie admit that hobby.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 08:29:07 AM »

Yes, they've been put on notice that the board mongoloid, who can't even put together a coherent sentence, feels the compulsive need to seek attention when people are asking for help.

Yay, Julie! You so special!!!! :)

not mock handicapped, racist preppy dipshit.

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »
Think of it as prepping for a prize worth $150,000, if that helps.  Because it's worth at least that much in terms of scholarship money and/or future earnings.

Exactly! That sort of mindset is about the only thing that keeps me motivated to study harder (at my classes, for the LSAT, etc), when I'd really rather spend time out in the yard or with my family. It's a job that I'm not yet being paid for doing, but will be paid soon!

just some guy

• WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
Well Julie, Jeffort mentioned to me in a conversation once that he refered tutoring students in socal to Lindbergh, so that's enough cred for me. And, Lindbergh, Julie can communicate normally. She did so in a thread a few weeks ago. Can we concentrate on flaming the noobs instead of each other? Thanks.

As always, HTH.
What does it say about a thread where just some guy has to be the voice of reason?