Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bar Exam - Day #1  (Read 2453 times)

Lucero

• View Profile
Bar Exam - Day #1
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:07:31 PM »
Thoughts? Reactions? I don't really want to rehash specific questions, but I thought the Georgia essays were surprisingly straightforward/easier than expected. The MPT questions were cake. Can still blow it on the MBE though...

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bar Exam - Day #1
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:24:37 PM »
I'm sitting for IL. The IL Essays were a complete walk in the park, as was the MPT. The MEE in the afternoon was a bit difficult. I got killed on that FRCP Joinder question.
Air Force JAG Corps

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
You guys are scaring me.  I struggled quite a bit with a few of the VA ones.  They tested a couple subjects that I had barely looked at.  For example, on the creditors right question my heart sunk when I read part b of the question, evaluate the merits of lis pendens motion.  I knew next to nothing about what a motion for lis pendens was.  They tested a couple other obscure areas and the short answers were really hit or miss.  For example, you either knew the specific VA statute of limitations for petty larceny or you didn't (and petty larceny was a trick questions because it had an unusual SOL for misdemeanors.)
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »
You guys are scaring me.  I struggled quite a bit with a few of the VA ones.  They tested a couple subjects that I had barely looked at.  For example, on the creditors right question my heart sunk when I read part b of the question, evaluate the merits of lis pendens motion.  I knew next to nothing about what a motion for lis pendens was.  They tested a couple other obscure areas and the short answers were really hit or miss.  For example, you either knew the specific VA statute of limitations for petty larceny or you didn't (and petty larceny was a trick questions because it had an unusual SOL for misdemeanors.)

And I'm sure you just scared someone else who didn't know or realize that this was a trick question.