Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OCI/Job Search Status Thread  (Read 2537 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OCI/Job Search Status Thread
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
I thought it may be nice if we could have a thread where people could post their updates on job searches. This would allow people to vent about rejections and celebrate interviews, callbacks etc. in one thread. Does this seem like a good idea.

So for me OCI has just started, should find out in a couple weeks what interviews I might/might not have. I am in the top 10% of my class but I have a public interest work history, so I feel like firms may not want to hire me because of that.

How about everyone else?

tribelaw

• View Profile
Re: OCI/Job Search Status Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:14:45 PM »
I start bidding next week and interviews begin on the 20th.  We are limited to 25.  Hopefully that enoughs!  I also have a job fair early next month that i am attending and have several interviews lined up.

Top 10% also...

good luck!

edit: oops, didn't see that this was on the 3L board.  I just clicked on it from the front page.  Sorry!

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 04:07:06 PM »
So bump...I got three dings today out of 13 bids... I am REALLY nervous now.

Orbits

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
So bump...I got three dings today out of 13 bids... I am REALLY nervous now.

Does that mean you were selected for 10 interviews? also, top 10% at what type of school?

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »
^^^ No its an online process. The law school gets firms to interview on campus in the fall and there is a website where you can apply (or bid) on the firms coming on campus to interview. You usually have a limit on how many firms you can "bid" on. After the bidding process there is a review process and firms then update your "application status" on the website once they have made a decision. So I "bid" on 13 jobs and so far 4 have not invited me to interview on campus. The other 9 are still pending.

I should have said I am near the top 10% in my original post. I'm near the top 10 at a T4 (missed it by 1 person) . I should have transferred.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:12:29 PM »
^^^ I wish. We were limited a small number of a bids, and there is no lottery. Most of the firms that did OCI last year at our school are not doing it this year. So there are only about 40 firms for the whole school to choose from.  If I knew it was going to be this bad I would have fought harder for a SA job last year.

antsor5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »
are you all 3L's? since this is on the 3L board...?

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 11:53:06 PM »
None acceptances yet. Keeping my fingers crossed and applying to a bunch of other firms in the meantime. I'm also networking and going to career fairs. I really feel like our career services office let us down this year, but I guess the bad market is also to blame.

And I am a 3L.