Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Random Questions/General Discussion Thread  (Read 10717 times)

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
Re: Random Questions/General Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »
because 1.) this is law school and they make everything complicated, 2.) you're an adult & 3.) professors are lazy. . .although, some professors will email syllabus/assignments when they have their class list.  when's orientation? because usually someone will tell you during orientation.  besides, advanced assignment isn't that intense anyway.

Well, I don't think 2 is a very strong argument. Not because I disagree with my being an adult, but because my being an adult does not necessitate making things difficult when they could be really easy. But you are probably just joking around.

Orientation starts tomorrow. I just walked into the front lobby (there is probably a different name for that place) and there was a podium and many chairs being set up. It is pretty busy around here.

Yeah I saw all the chairs today, but I am not sure what was going on.  That area is referred to as the forum.  It is starting to get busy again...last week I felt like I was the only one in the building. 

Are you excited to get started?

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »
# 2. . .joke, yes. . .kinda. :P  and professors/admin alike will use this as an excuse to make life complicated when as you say, it could be really easy.  Also, you'll find that in law school, what you think doesn't matter a whole lot. . .especially when it comes to professors/administration.

Orientation is tomorrow?  Get out there and meet lots of people!!  Go out with your section.  There might be an organized "bar review" and if so, be sure to go!!  Enjoy orientation! ;D

Everyone else. . .1 week of freedom.
3L @ University of Denver

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »
I see what you are saying. It is annoying, but a fact of life.

On the other hand, what study guides do you experienced veterans think are the best?
Paid the seat deposit at DU

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »
Get out there and meet lots of people!!  Go out with your section.  There might be an organized "bar review" and if so, be sure to go!!  Enjoy orientation! ;D

Yes, go out with your section, but do NOT get very drunk with them. Law school is like high school in the gossip mill arena. You will spend every day with these folks for the next year. Do not do anything alcohol related to embarrasses yourself because everyone in your section will know about it the next day. Save your drunk antics for your non law school friends :)
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 06:14:40 PM »

On the other hand, what study guides do you experienced veterans think are the best?

Personally, I used parts of the outline that you can find on Lexis for Civ Pro, as well as for Contracts.  Depends on the class though.  I know a lot of people who used the E & E, and thought it was helpful.  In addition to the Lexis outline, I used a hornbook for Civ Pro by Friednthal, Kane and Miller.  I thought it was pretty good. 

Whether you need a supplement really depends how well you are able to pick up the material from the professor.  I don't think you have to run out and get a bunch of study guides right now.  If I were you, I would wait until you have had a few weeks to feel out your classes. 

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »
So.....how was the first day of classes?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »

I am so not ready for classes to begin, I'm already behind on my reading and its only been 1 day!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 02:50:31 AM »

I am so not ready for classes to begin, I'm already behind on my reading and its only been 1 day!

Me too.  Barely even looked at my syllabus.   :-\
3L @ University of Denver