School Specific Boards > Denver

Random Questions/General Discussion Thread

(1/6) > >>

kill the headlights:
This page will make it so we don't have to use the thread on the admissions page. Bookmark this one.

How do we know which books that we have to purchase have a new edition this year without going to the bookstore? I am looking to get them online and save a ton of money, but it looks like all the cheap books I need to buy are last years edition. Do I just wait until I can go to the bookstore next week and check them out?

Matthies:

--- Quote from: kill the headlights on July 29, 2008, 09:45:12 AM ---This page will make it so we don't have to use the thread on the admissions page. Bookmark this one.

How do we know which books that we have to purchase have a new edition this year without going to the bookstore? I am looking to get them online and save a ton of money, but it looks like all the cheap books I need to buy are last years edition. Do I just wait until I can go to the bookstore next week and check them out?

--- End quote ---

I would wait, it seems like some case books are updated every year, while others not updated for years, only way to tell is to go see what the book store has. I THINK there is a way to check online by course number, poke around on the bookstores website see if you can do this. I vageley rember doing it one year. Oh, as to buying used, be ware that some people will have highlighted the crap out of them with the LSC highlighter methoed, this could be helful or hurtful if they highjlighted the wrong stuff. Thus I would not buy used unless I could flip through it first. I like to be the first to mark up a book.

somanyquestions:
patience is virtue. :P

on a more serious note, you'll get book info with enough time to order from amazon/half/etc.  if you're really anxious, go to the bookstore (or check bookstore website if you know the course number & prof) and see what books are required.  some professors wait til the last minute to put up their booklist so you may have to wait anyway.

well, better get back to work.  enjoy your summer!

kill the headlights:
Yeah, I am planning on going to the bookstore on Monday. I think that should be enough time to order the books. I was thinking also that it would be helpful to check and make sure books are not marked up too bad before I buy them. I would be distracted by someone else's markings. They are just really expensive new though.

brianwithani:
Be careful with used Amazon orders too.  I bought a used E&E that was listed as "Used-Very Good" and had "Hardly been used" in the comment box.  When I recieved it, it had highlighting throughout and a damaged corner.  Of course that is the fault of the seller and not Amazon but when buying used online, make sure it is a trusted seller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version