Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SA Offer Status?  (Read 2889 times)

Kore

• View Profile
Re: SA Offer Status?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 01:29:55 AM »
I interviewed at a couple of places and at both of them it was just like I was screened whether I'd perform well as a whore on board ... you know ... that was the kind of attitude from the interviewing personnel (I got out right away after 10-15 minutes, taken into account my character and personality).

A couple of guys were really good, though - it'd be fun to go out with them - meaning, to have sex with them. As for working there, thanks a lot, still not whoring away.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 02:00:10 AM »
Got my offer on the last day and finally exhaled.  Mama will have gainful employment post-JD!!  It's one thing to know that it's likely coming, but I was still sweating a little.  Good luck, everyone! 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 01:36:22 AM »
so happy and proud to have an offer for next year!  ;D
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »
got no-offered; still working on figuring out what effect the economy had on the decision.

Veil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 07:37:02 PM »
craven,

I'm sorry to hear it, I wish you the best during 3L OCI/mass mailing.

Do you mind being more specific about your circumstances for those 2Ls interviewing right now? Cold offer or no offer (I know you said "no offer" in your original post)? Market? Firm size? This is the kind of information that I didn't have much of as a 2L but wanted to know...

craven

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 11:12:10 AM »
It was a no-offer; "sorry we're not inviting you back," that jag.  Mid-market firm, 100 attorneys or so in a major regional market.  Still waiting to have a more detailed conversation about the rationale and how much it was tied to the economy, etc.  Probably won't be doing BIGLAW across the board; it wasn't a great fit for me at any rate; I didn't really care about whether our clients won or lost, so big-picture wise it was probably good for me.

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »
Craven, ouch! Sorry to hear it. Based on your previous comments, we might have been at the same firm last summer :(