Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The bar exam is tomorrow...  (Read 1125 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
The bar exam is tomorrow...
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
And I feel eerily calm, and somehow at peace with the vast amount of information I *don't* know.

I'm also hoping this will remain my state of being for the next 3 days.  In reality though, this is probably just the calm before the storm.   I could easily wake up every 2 minutes tonight in a panic that the alarm didn't go off, or have night terrors about commercial paper.

Thanks to everyone else studying who posted thoughts and questions about the bar this summer.  It's always helpful to find that people are struggling with the same things you are. 

And most importantly, good luck to everyone taking the bar over the next 2 or 3 days!

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
Re: The bar exam is tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:07:16 AM »
I plan to STOP studying at 4 p.m. today.  I studied until about 9:30 last night, and I couldn't fall asleep until about 2 a.m. b/c my mind was all wound up from studying all day. 

Plan for tonight is dinner, relax, 2 beers, sex, sleep, in that order.  Repeat tomorrow night.  Plan for Wednesday night is mostly just beer. 

theprocrastinator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »
Good luck to all of you. The only advice I can give is just don't let it get to you. If you don't know something or freeze up and forget some obscure deadline on a civil procedure essay or just know generally that you screwed something up, put it out of your mind and just keep going. These things will happen and you will have a lot more room for error than you will realize while taking the test, but what you won't have is time to lament and sulk about every little mistake.

Also, when you are done with the test, be done with it. Odds are good that you passed and no amount of soul searching or comparing your answers to others is going to give you any insight into whether or not you passed. If you don't pass, having worried about it beforehand isn't going to miraculously change your score or make the fact of failure any easier to accept. Don't be that person who is more miserable while waiting for results than you were while studying for the test. It is an absolutely worthless way to be. Instead, try to do whatever you can to enjoy those few months you have left before you have to start taking on the very real and often stressful responsibilities of this profession.

Good luck.

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »
I woke up this morning in a panic thinking that I had overslept for the bar exam. That is, until my wife told me "Its only Monday, go back to sleep". That is the biggest fear that I have going into tommorrow and Wed., that I will somehow be late either by failing to wake up on time, getting in a car accident on the way there, or hitting horrible traffic.

As far as studying goes, I am doing a few essays and MBE questions to prime myself. If I don't know it now, I never will. However, I will continue to fine tune how I go about writing what I do know.

Good luck to everyone over these next few days.

theprocrastinator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »
I woke up this morning in a panic thinking that I had overslept for the bar exam. That is, until my wife told me "Its only Monday, go back to sleep". That is the biggest fear that I have going into tommorrow and Wed., that I will somehow be late either by failing to wake up on time, getting in a car accident on the way there, or hitting horrible traffic.

As far as studying goes, I am doing a few essays and MBE questions to prime myself. If I don't know it now, I never will. However, I will continue to fine tune how I go about writing what I do know.

Good luck to everyone over these next few days.

I set a regular alarm clock, the alarm on my phone, requested a wake up call from the front desk of the hotel, and asked my girlfriend to call me at the hotel number and my mother to call my cell phone. It was a VERY annoying way to wake up.

Luziana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »
I stopped studying around 1 p.m.  I may do a few flashcards in a little bit, but that's it.  Studying more will have no effect... the best thing now is to be relaxed and in prime form for the exam tomorrow.

And I am definitely going to come up with about five different ways of ensuring that I wake up tomorrow.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
Good luck to everyone.  :D

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 04:37:49 PM »
i feel as if i've memorized all that i can possible memorize. my head is full of claps, fuwels, mad fifis, mr3s, escapists (huh? something about plenty o' pain? where am i?) logpits, abcs, indefeasibly vested remainders subject to open total divestment complete defeasance, and god knows what else. really, my head just might explode before i reach the test center (sounds like the merciful result at this point ..)

and oh, good luck to everyone!

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 10:05:30 PM »
Good luck Jacy, and everyone else taking the bar this week!