Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AA: The belief that URM's are inherently inferior, and can't compete  (Read 21936 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: AA: The belief that URM's are inherently inferior, and can't compete
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 11:55:23 PM »
Whatever the opposite of perfect sense is, that's what you make. Have you ever stopped to consider that your approach is, really, unbelievably off-putting, and you have never, ever, convinced a single person on this board of anything, ever, even when you are technically advocating for the right position, because of it?

And here I thought I had the monopoly on alienating people from normatively-good positions. Outdone, yet again.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

anonymousrandom

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
My Grandfather and Grandmother were both slaves who were on their way to be murdered. My other grandmother had to flee from her home country with no money in her pocket so she wouldn't get massacred.

My family had nothing when they came here. Yet, I'm grouped together with white males and am disadvantaged further.

Race has nothing to do with opportunities in life. MONEY DOES. That's the bottom line.

justanothersucker

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
was your family white?

My Grandfather and Grandmother were both slaves who were on their way to be murdered. My other grandmother had to flee from her home country with no money in her pocket so she wouldn't get massacred.

My family had nothing when they came here. Yet, I'm grouped together with white males and am disadvantaged further.

Race has nothing to do with opportunities in life. MONEY DOES. That's the bottom line.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:31 PM »
Race has nothing to do with opportunities in life.

If you seriously plan on practicing law you can't afford to be this naive. 

Google "Jim Crow", "apartheid" and "Baldus Study" and then come back to discuss once you've educated yourself.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

prelaw12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
Wait so let me get this straight. Minorities are accepted with much lower numbers because they are entitled primarily for reasons of past injustices their grandparents suffered that may have affected their progress in pursuing higher education?