Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whether I pass the bar exam depends on....  (Read 717 times)

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Whether I pass the bar exam depends on....
« on: July 27, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »
How well I can trick the bar examiners into thinking that I know something on my essays.  It is that simple.  I am going to get a 140-155 on the MBE, that means I have to do average to slightly less than average on my essays.  It is too much information.  Sometimes I read an essay and have nothing at all to say.

Just wasting time....

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Whether I pass the bar exam depends on....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »
How well I can trick the bar examiners into thinking that I know something on my essays.  It is that simple.  I am going to get a 140-155 on the MBE, that means I have to do average to slightly less than average on my essays.  It is too much information.  Sometimes I read an essay and have nothing at all to say.

Just wasting time....

Ditto.  At least I'm pretty sure I'll get a 140-155.  Luckily, Ga is pretty heavily weighted towards the MPT.  Hopefully I can do well enough on the MPTs so any disasters on the essays will be forgiven.

An example of a disaster?  Commercial paper.  Or 90% of what they can ask about secured transactions.

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:43:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'll get higher than 47 on the MBE. But that's the only prediction I'm making. 

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'll get higher than 47 on the MBE. But that's the only prediction I'm making. 

Typo?  I hope you mean 147.

I look at it this way: 70% of all people pass.  Therefore if I am in the top 70% of the MBE, I have to get in the top 70% of essays.  I hope to be in the top 30-40% of the MBE, so hopefully I'll only have to be in the top 85-90% on the essays. 

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
I'm just saying that I am predicting with extreme confidence that I will score HIGHER than 47 on the MBE.  Considering that a monkey with a pencil would be expected to get 50, I think I'm safe.   

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
Actually, a monkey with a pencil could get about a 75.  You'd get 25% right just statistically, plus the lower your score is the more scaled points you get.

However, I did know a girl in college who got a 0 on a multiple choice test.

Luziana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
However, I did know a girl in college who got a 0 on a multiple choice test.

Now that takes real talent!