Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer transcript question..  (Read 239 times)

clhurley

• View Profile
Summer transcript question..
« on: July 27, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »
So.. I'm taking a self-guided summer class at home, not at my usual university, in order to just get some hours for graduation and.. have something to do. However, I've been so busy with the LSAT and moving out of my apartment and preparing for my study abroad that I've kind of.. slacked off on the class, missing entire tests. I've already sent my transcript from that school to LSAC, so it will say a class is "in progress", right? Is it absolutely necessary that I send an updated transcript once the class is over? My LSAC GPA is an unsteady 3.80000000001 or something and I don't want to break down to 3.79.. which will certainly happen if I update.
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8

econtutorNV

• Sr. Citizen
  • Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Summer transcript question..
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:45:26 PM »
I was accepted into schools with classes still in progress. Going off of my personal experience I would say the next time you need to update your transcript is when a school asks for it.

My motto "You want everyone to hear good news, but you want them to ask to hear bad news"
UGPA-3.33 LSAT-164

In- Tulane ($$), Baylor, USD, Santa Clara ($), IU-B ($), Loyola
Out-Minnesota. UIUC
WL-Notre Dame, Hastings
Pending- Emory, WUSTL, W & L, Davis, GULC PT, GMU, GW PT, UC-I (gotta dream, right?)

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Summer transcript question..
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:48:36 AM »
So.. I'm taking a self-guided summer class at home, not at my usual university, in order to just get some hours for graduation and.. have something to do. However, I've been so busy with the LSAT and moving out of my apartment and preparing for my study abroad that I've kind of.. slacked off on the class, missing entire tests. I've already sent my transcript from that school to LSAC, so it will say a class is "in progress", right? Is it absolutely necessary that I send an updated transcript once the class is over? My LSAC GPA is an unsteady 3.80000000001 or something and I don't want to break down to 3.79.. which will certainly happen if I update.

Some schools may request an updated transcript if you are a borderline candidate. Other than that, the next transcript you will need to send will be in June or July before 1L. Most schools will actually let you go until August, September, October before receiving a final transcript because if you took summer classes your final year of undergraduate school, you will probably end up with an August 31, September 15, October 1, etc. grad date on your transcript.