Law School Discussion

People PTing in the 170 - 175 range

Re: People PTing in the 170 - 175 range
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »
Lindbergh (and others), what do you think about taking it in October? The only downside is that it's during class, and at 8:30AM. But there's like an hour and a half of bureaucratic nonsense before you can even start the test, right?

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »
If I were you snicker snicker I would book a spot in October so that you get a spot where you want, keep practicing and if you don't feel your where you want by October then you can push it back to Dec. or Feb. All exams as far as I'm aware (and in the US and Canada) are Saturday at 8.30 or whenever, except June which is on a Monday at 12.30. I personally find my mind works best in the morning so hopefully a morning exam will go better.

I was consistently getting high 160's and a couple of lower 170's before the June exam. I scored a 172 on my last PT before the exam and I got a 159. For me, the issue was timing. That was where all my errors stemmed from.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 08:54:36 PM »
um, no, thanks. I can tell where my issues are with my prep and my test taking though I appreciate your concern  :)

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »
Also, make sure your last 5-10 exams utilize mock experimental (5th) sections, so your endurance is fully developed. 

There is no way to prep for an experimental section, because the questions are different than actual sections. You may run into questions that don't even make sense in the experimental.

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
When I do a timed LG section outside of a full exam (IE, just do the LG section from an older exam and don't do the LR or RC), I have no problem getting nearly all the questions done, but I can never get more than 18 to 20 done when I'm doing them in an actual testing situation. When I did the LGB I went through pretty thoroughly, but I plan on looking over it every few weeks to refresh. While I was doing it, I was scoring between 20 and 24 correct in each LG section I did, but now I'm back down to 16 to 18 correct. Oh well; I've got plenty of material to practice on.

And you were telling me you are scoring 99%+ on real tests in another thread?  ??? ???

::) ::)

Miss 10-15 questions and you are out of the 170s. With giving up 6-10 questions in one section, are you acing every other section?!  ??? ??? ???

:o :o

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 11:55:11 PM »
When I do a timed LG section outside of a full exam (IE, just do the LG section from an older exam and don't do the LR or RC), I have no problem getting nearly all the questions done, but I can never get more than 18 to 20 done when I'm doing them in an actual testing situation. When I did the LGB I went through pretty thoroughly, but I plan on looking over it every few weeks to refresh. While I was doing it, I was scoring between 20 and 24 correct in each LG section I did, but now I'm back down to 16 to 18 correct. Oh well; I've got plenty of material to practice on.

And you were telling me you are scoring 99%+ on real tests in another thread?  ??? ???

Miss 10-15 questions and you are out of the 170s. With giving up 6-10 questions in one section, are you acing every other section?!  ??? ??? ???

That's not Lindbergh's post, that's a post from snickersnicker.  He just jacked up the quote.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:29 AM »

That's not Lindbergh's post, that's a post from snickersnicker.  He just jacked up the quote.

Perfect score Lindbergh can't properly quote?  :o

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 01:15:58 AM »

Perfect score Lindbergh can't properly quote?  :o

I believe you're the one that misquoted me with your creative cutting and pasting there.  Nice try, though.    :)

OK, I am back to "lol."

P.S. Do you drink?  ??? ???

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 01:19:44 AM »
Also, make sure your last 5-10 exams utilize mock experimental (5th) sections, so your endurance is fully developed. 

There is no way to prep for an experimental section, because the questions are different than actual sections. You may run into questions that don't even make sense in the experimental.

No, I mean you have to prep for the fact you'll have 5 sections on the real thing, not four.  Many people skip this step, and end up fatigued on the last section, which pretty much always counts. 

Time is more efficiently spent making sure the test taker understands every question in a section. If a person has properly prepared, things like fatigue and test anxiety will be minimal. Once a person understands a majority of questions, a couple of timed tests are good for pacing, but fatigue was not an issue for me on test day. My adrenalin was pumping, there was no way I was going to fall asleep on the final section.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:19 AM »
Are you asking me out on a date?   :o :o  :P :P ?????? :-*  :-*

No.  ::)

Is attacking and demeaning my comments in a sexist, chauvinistic way, your only recourse in this debate?  :-\