Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Southern Law School  (Read 3250 times)

poppylawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
Texas Southern Law School
« on: July 26, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
I was wait listed at Texas Southern Law School.  The admissions office at this point stated that a decision has not been made on my file.  With classes starting in the next couple of weeks what are my chances realistically?  I have sent in a letter of continued interest and visited the school.  Has any other TSU wait list candidates heard anything either way?  I guess at this point its better to hear no news than bad news( released from the wait list)?   

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Southern Law School
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 04:53:55 PM »
I was wait listed at Texas Southern Law School.  The admissions office at this point stated that a decision has not been made on my file.  With classes starting in the next couple of weeks what are my chances realistically?  I have sent in a letter of continued interest and visited the school.  Has any other TSU wait list candidates heard anything either way?  I guess at this point its better to hear no news than bad news( released from the wait list)?   

Is no acceptance really bad news?  Do you know the percentage of students they weed out every year?  Do you know their bar passage rate?  Do you know their employment rate?  Do you know their graduation rate?

If you don't mind my asking, what's yoru GPA and LSAT?  Are you a URM?  Any experience after college? 

bodhi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »
Texas Southern basically has an open enrollment policy. Although, they have been trying to be a little more selective the last couple of years. You should get accepted. I would just keep bugging the admissions office there. I am a rising 2L there now and I don't mind bugging anyone there until I get an answer. I have frequently emailed the Dean of Financial Aid, Dean of Admissions, even the Dean of the school. That is the only way to get answers. However, i would steer clear of the school unless you don't get in anywhere else.

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:03:18 AM »
I haven't heard good things about Texas Southern on a whole. If you are not already in attendance, try Howard or Southern University Law Center. Good Luck

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 12:17:13 AM »
I haven't heard good things about Texas Southern on a whole. If you are not already in attendance, try Howard or Southern University Law Center. Good Luck

Howard has tons of big law recruiting there, but Southern University?

It's true that almost everyone who attended or is attending Texas Southern don't have much good things to say about the law school.