Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 165 LSAT- retake?  (Read 6933 times)

TeeTwenty

• View Profile
Re: 165 LSAT- retake?
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 08:43:41 PM »
Should I retake in October?  I have a 3.8 ugpa and a 165 lsat.

I hate predicting admission chances... but, with those numbers and no especially grand softs, I suspect you could go as high as USC, rankings-wise.

Those aren't bad numbers. 165 is a longshot for most of the T14 (though, not unheard of), so if you have your heart set on those schools, you will want to re-take.

i suggest getting apps out to some of your top picks now, and if you are willing to re-take in october, do so, and make sure they know that there is a score update. If you do worse, most schools won't hold it against you.

Those numbers are in the Georgetown 25-75%. Why are they a long shot for T14? ??? ???

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
EC, this news was frustrating to me, because that's exactly what happened to me: preptests 164-175, LSAT: 165.  so you'd say definitely retake??

If you can keep up the study schedule again leading into Oct, why not?

hithere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 05:48:59 PM »
thanks for the replies.  I am thinking I might just retake and try my hardest to get into Georgetown.  Any tips on studying if you have already gone through most of the practice tests already?  How would I get over the 168 hump?

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 07:03:22 PM »
thanks for the replies.  I am thinking I might just retake and try my hardest to get into Georgetown.  Any tips on studying if you have already gone through most of the practice tests already?  How would I get over the 168 hump?

Study hard, but you are at a point where every question counts. In these instances, a couple of correct guesses can be the difference between 168 and 165, which is where there are bands and deviations.  :-\

Sappho

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
Law schools just don't take the UGPA and LSAT score into consideration.  They also consider letters, your personal statement, and any experience/interest in law. 

My suggestion - unless you have the time and the energy to invest in another round of studying as you have for the first time, don't do it.  Your LSAT score of 165 sounds like a dream to me. 

Good luck if you decide to retake the October exam. 
Law School 2011.
Took the LSAT twice.  Scored higher (thankfully) with the second test.
Special thank you to http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ for the LSAT study guides.
Good luck with applications everyone!