Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard from SMU, UH Law Center on transfer apps?  (Read 2052 times)

M_Dallas

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone heard from SMU, UH Law Center on transfer apps?
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »
if you have, could you mention your stats if you got in or not?  I'm at a Tier 4, top 4%, 3.61.  I had stong rec letters, specially to SMU.  And what is the deal with the phone calls, if my phone doesn't ring does that mean I didn't get in, or does it mean it just doesn't work?

Thanks.

I LOLd in my pants

• When I get nervous, I LOL a lil' in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone heard from SMU, UH Law Center on transfer apps?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
I concur. The SMU admissions staff was by far the worst of the schools I applied to. I would take whatever amount of time you think it should take to hear back from then, multiply that by 3, add 7, and that should give you a reasonable estimate of how long it will take.
Baylor Fall 2011? Branch Davidian Compound here I come.

bodhi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
I was initially rejected as a transfer applicant to UH. However, I really wanted to go there so I basically emailed and called everyone I thought could help. I contacted the Dean of Admissions, Dean of Student Affairs, and the Dean of the law school. After two weeks of persistent calls and emails, I received a call on Friday informing me that I was admitted. I am top 5% at TSU; #1 in Property, extra curricular activities; LSAT 161. i would advise to keep contacting the school. If you don't get an answer you like, then contact the next person in charge.

bodhi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
I was initially rejected as a transfer applicant to UH. However, I really wanted to go there so I basically emailed and called everyone I thought could help. I contacted the Dean of Admissions, Dean of Student Affairs, and the Dean of the law school. After two weeks of persistent calls and emails, I received a call on Friday informing me that I was admitted. I am top 5% at TSU; #1 in Property, extra curricular activities; LSAT 161. i would advise to keep contacting the school. If you don't get an answer you like, then contact the next person in charge.