Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CNN's Black In America  (Read 6762 times)

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CNN's Black In America
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »
The woman who hosted it was pretty hot, even though I'm not sure if she was black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Middle Eastern. 

Soledad O'Brien. Quite fine. I remember reading somewhere that she's Cuban and Australian.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »
I watched the first one on black women and was sorely disappointed so I skipped the one on black men. I guess the target audience wasn't black people in the slightest. I can say, though, since it aired, white people have been less afraid to ask to touch my hair:-\

Ask?  I went through a period in college where people felt the need to rub and or touch my head Every time I got it cut. Nothing peeved me more than that.

lol. Just last week a white lady told me, "You're ________, for a black guy." Now that will make a brotha go Nat Turner in the workplace. Obviously, she didn't watch CNN's Black in America.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »
I watched the first one on black women and was sorely disappointed so I skipped the one on black men. I guess the target audience wasn't black people in the slightest. I can say, though, since it aired, white people have been less afraid to ask to touch my hair:-\

Ask?  I went through a period in college where people felt the need to rub and or touch my head Every time I got it cut. Nothing peeved me more than that.

Lol my white college roommate loved to do that.  But you must admit, it does feel nice to the touch after a cut.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 03:37:21 PM »

Lol my white college roommate loved to do that.  But you must admit, it does feel nice to the touch after a cut.

like this?
[img width= height=]http://www.counterbias.com/0001.jpg[/img]
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »
The woman who hosted it was pretty hot, even though I'm not sure if she was black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Middle Eastern. 

Soledad O'Brien. Quite fine. I remember reading somewhere that she's Cuban and Australian.

Is she married to Miles O'Brien who used to be CNN's anchor?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

doubledown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »

True, but it's more of a hygiene thing. I don't know where your hands have been.  Furthermore, how about when someone tells you that you just "shaved" your head when you Clearly just got a fade...

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »

like this?
[img width= height=]http://www.counterbias.com/0001.jpg[/img]

Lol only I'd be rolling my eyes instead of looking like I'm about to piss myself with joy

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 06:18:29 PM »
 :D

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 06:25:32 PM »

Whoa!  Cool name.  She seemed very...non-controversial.  She didn't really push anyone. 

She used to be on CNN's morning show, but she got bumped for some skinny white bimbo. I like her so much better.

Does anyone know if it's going to re-air? I was kind of afraid to watch it after seeing Christian Amanpour's special on religion. Blech.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »

Is she married to Miles O'Brien who used to be CNN's anchor?

Nope. Coincidental. According to wikipedia, she's married to an I banker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soledad_O%27Brien

If wiki's right, this is him
http://www.tweisel.com/AboutUs/Leadership/investmentBanking/

i feel like a stan.