Law School Discussion

CNN's Black In America

Re: CNN's Black In America
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »
The woman who hosted it was pretty hot, even though I'm not sure if she was black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Middle Eastern. 

Soledad O'Brien. Quite fine. I remember reading somewhere that she's Cuban and Australian.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »
I watched the first one on black women and was sorely disappointed so I skipped the one on black men. I guess the target audience wasn't black people in the slightest. I can say, though, since it aired, white people have been less afraid to ask to touch my hair:-\

Ask?  I went through a period in college where people felt the need to rub and or touch my head Every time I got it cut. Nothing peeved me more than that.

lol. Just last week a white lady told me, "You're ________, for a black guy." Now that will make a brotha go Nat Turner in the workplace. Obviously, she didn't watch CNN's Black in America.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 01:13:30 PM »
I watched the first one on black women and was sorely disappointed so I skipped the one on black men. I guess the target audience wasn't black people in the slightest. I can say, though, since it aired, white people have been less afraid to ask to touch my hair:-\

Ask?  I went through a period in college where people felt the need to rub and or touch my head Every time I got it cut. Nothing peeved me more than that.

Lol my white college roommate loved to do that.  But you must admit, it does feel nice to the touch after a cut.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »

Lol my white college roommate loved to do that.  But you must admit, it does feel nice to the touch after a cut.

like this?
[img width= height=]http://www.counterbias.com/0001.jpg[/img]

Matthies

• View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
The woman who hosted it was pretty hot, even though I'm not sure if she was black, white, Hispanic, Asian, or Middle Eastern. 

Soledad O'Brien. Quite fine. I remember reading somewhere that she's Cuban and Australian.

Is she married to Miles O'Brien who used to be CNN's anchor?

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 03:19:22 PM »

True, but it's more of a hygiene thing. I don't know where your hands have been.  Furthermore, how about when someone tells you that you just "shaved" your head when you Clearly just got a fade...

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 03:38:48 PM »

like this?
[img width= height=]http://www.counterbias.com/0001.jpg[/img]

Lol only I'd be rolling my eyes instead of looking like I'm about to piss myself with joy

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
 :D

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 04:25:32 PM »

Whoa!  Cool name.  She seemed very...non-controversial.  She didn't really push anyone. 

She used to be on CNN's morning show, but she got bumped for some skinny white bimbo. I like her so much better.

Does anyone know if it's going to re-air? I was kind of afraid to watch it after seeing Christian Amanpour's special on religion. Blech.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 06:25:18 PM »

Is she married to Miles O'Brien who used to be CNN's anchor?

Nope. Coincidental. According to wikipedia, she's married to an I banker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soledad_O%27Brien

If wiki's right, this is him
http://www.tweisel.com/AboutUs/Leadership/investmentBanking/

i feel like a stan.