Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?  (Read 43501 times)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »
Do you have arrogant paragraph structure?

Good question.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2009, 06:40:53 AM »
Wow.  The web page you created matches the persona you created.  A true feat.

Honestly, I believe that you got into these schools and I don't know why anyone would question you.  That said, you are incredibly arrogant and I hope you leave some of this defensive anger behind when you head to law school.  It's already a competitive enough environment as it is without folks setting themselves up for abuse.

I know I can come off as "arrogant", so I will own up to that one. But the anger part? No. Let's be fair. 

BTW bl825, it seems that at least one other URM matches me in numbers (actually a significantly lower GPA) and admits. Not much different from me: In at Columbia, UVA, Northwestern, UCLA, USC, Fordham, Illinois, GWU and Duke. Waitlisted at Harvard, Yale and Chicago, and waitlisted then rejected at Berkeley and Stanford. Rejected outright at Michigan and NYU (NYU still averages LSAT's, so that's probably why). Still waiting on Penn and GULC. Gee, whadayaknow? Does CLS with a 3.58 GPA still look impossible?  ;)

prophecysp04

Re: 2008-2009 Black T-14 Acceptances
Reply #118 on: April 01, 2009, 02:06:10 PM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.3 (3.7 grad)

in at:

CLS
NYU
Penn
Georgetown
Duke
GW
BU

Waiting:

HLS

Out:

Michigan
Yale

Amazing what one can get with a decent LSAT, a kind of bad GPA, and the right skin tone.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2009, 06:45:50 AM »
BTW bl825, it seems that at least one other URM matches me in numbers (actually a significantly lower GPA) and admits. Not much different from me: In at Columbia, UVA, Northwestern, UCLA, USC, Fordham, Illinois, GWU and Duke. Waitlisted at Harvard, Yale and Chicago, and waitlisted then rejected at Berkeley and Stanford. Rejected outright at Michigan and NYU (NYU still averages LSAT's, so that's probably why). Still waiting on Penn and GULC. Gee, whadayaknow? Does CLS with a 3.58 GPA still look impossible?  ;)

You seem to be missing the point, which is that in spite of your uncanny ability to guess where I'm headed in the fall, I'm skeptical about anything you post about yourself.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2009, 06:54:06 AM »

You seem to be missing the point, which is that in spite of your uncanny ability to guess where I'm headed in the fall, I'm skeptical about anything you post about yourself.

As am I. I thought you were going to Tulane or something?

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
response removed...

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2009, 08:40:11 PM »

Who cares whether you believe something or not? It really doesn't matter, does it? You might be some clueless undergrad playing games for all we know. It doesn't matter, and i have absolutely nothing to prove to YOU.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »

You thought I was headed to Tulane? or bl825?

I have never claimed that I was going to Tulane. My numbers would certainly have gotten me in there (with a full scholarship, no less), as is the case with almost any school in the country, really. Tulane would have to offer me a lot more than the full scholarship I would certainly have gotten in order to get me there. I hate the dirty-south and would never want to live there. I am strictly urban, northern, cosmo. The only exceptions are the southwest (i.e., Cali) or the Southeast. Someone accused me of going to Tulane b/c of my passioned arguments about the school. But I have made the same arguments for Fordham, Kent, Howard and a lot more schools. So I must be going to those, too.  ;)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »

The bolded is wrong.  I specifically asked the dean of admissions at NYU and he said that if the score difference is statistically significant (roughly 5+ points), submit an addendum and they generally use the higher score. 
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »

You thought I was headed to Tulane? or bl825?

I have never claimed that I was going to Tulane. My numbers would certainly have gotten me in there (with a full scholarship, no less), as is the case with almost any school in the country, really. Tulane would have to offer me a lot more than the full scholarship I would certainly have gotten in order to get me there. I hate the dirty-south and would never want to live there. I am strictly urban, northern, cosmo. The only exceptions are the southwest (i.e., Cali) or the Southeast. Someone accused me of going to Tulane b/c of my passioned arguments about the school. But I have made the same arguments for Fordham, Kent, Howard and a lot more schools. So I must be going to those, too.  ;)

You. Don't know for sure, thought I saw it somewhere.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »

Who cares whether you believe something or not? It really doesn't matter, does it? You might be some clueless undergrad playing games for all we know. It doesn't matter, and i have absolutely nothing to prove to YOU.

LOL.  You seem to have spent a lot of time trying to prove things to me.

But I shouldn't pick on you when you're not around anymore.  :)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.