Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?  (Read 45521 times)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
Sure.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »
Sure.

You know what I think? YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS b/c you are going to Cal Western or somewhere like that.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
Sure.

You know what I think? YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS b/c you are going to Cal Western or somewhere like that.

Now you're yelling at me for agreeing with you.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »
Sure.

No, just getting even for below...that stuff about credited answer...look at the minority threads and see who has gotten into T14's.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »
Sure.

No, just getting even for below...that stuff about credited answer...look at the minority threads and see who has gotten into T14's.

Oh don't be so sensitive.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm skeptical about EVERYTHING you say, not just school-related stuff.  ;)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2009, 11:09:20 PM »
Sure.

Oh don't be so sensitive.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm skeptical about EVERYTHING you say, not just school-related stuff.  ;)

And if it makes you feel any better, I don't really think you will be at Cooley. Maybe Santa Clara or somewhere. I honestly do not care. It doesn't matter b/c I don't lose anything either way. I hid my schools on LSN b/c everyone found out that Yale waitlisted me and I was getting a ton of e-mails. That's why you couldn't view my schools. Plus, I never go to the site and I don't want to have to edit all the time. But if I crack it open right now, you will see that it matches everything I have been telling you guys for months. 

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2009, 11:10:45 PM »
Sure.

And if it makes you feel any better, I don't really think you will be at Cooley. Maybe Santa Clara or somewhere. I honestly do not care. It doesn't matter b/c I don't lose anything either way. I hid my schools on LSN b/c everyone found out that Yale waitlisted me and I was getting a ton of e-mails. That's why you couldn't view my schools. Plus, I never go to the site and I don't want to have to edit all the time. But if I crack it open right now, you will see that it matches everything i have been telling you guys for months. 

I really couldn't care less to be honest.  I put little stock in LSN.

And third time's the charm.  Santa Clara it is.  Hope you're happy.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »
Wow.  The web page you created matches the persona you created.  A true feat.

Honestly, I believe that you got into these schools and I don't know why anyone would question you.  That said, you are incredibly arrogant and I hope you leave some of this defensive anger behind when you head to law school.  It's already a competitive enough environment as it is without folks setting themselves up for abuse.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2009, 11:30:42 PM »
Wow.  The web page you created matches the persona you created.  A true feat.

Honestly, I believe that you got into these schools and I don't know why anyone would question you.  That said, you are incredibly arrogant and I hope you leave some of this defensive anger behind when you head to law school.  It's already a competitive enough environment as it is without folks setting themselves up for abuse.

I know I can come off as "arrogant", so I will own up to that one. But the anger part? No. Let's be fair. 

BTW bl825, it seems that at least one other URM matches me in numbers (actually a significantly lower GPA) and admits. Not much different from me: In at Columbia, UVA, Northwestern, UCLA, USC, Fordham, Illinois, GWU and Duke. Waitlisted at Harvard, Yale and Chicago, and waitlisted then rejected at Berkeley and Stanford. Rejected outright at Michigan and NYU (NYU still averages LSAT's, so that's probably why). Still waiting on Penn and GULC. Gee, whadayaknow? Does CLS with a 3.58 GPA still look impossible?  ;)

prophecysp04

Re: 2008-2009 Black T-14 Acceptances
Reply #118 on: April 01, 2009, 02:06:10 PM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.3 (3.7 grad)

in at:

CLS
NYU
Penn
Georgetown
Duke
GW
BU

Waiting:

HLS

Out:

Michigan
Yale

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »
Do you have arrogant paragraph structure?
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN