Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?  (Read 45938 times)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »
What's funny to me is that we're TYPING.  You can self edit before hitting post!  To have a gaff on a forum is almost impossible, unless you are just that bad with words.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »
LOLZ! 

This is fascinating stuff.  If I'm as bored tomorrow as I was today, I'll waste my time pwning you.  Then you can come back with your asinine rebuttals, and we can do this ageless LSD AA Board dance like so many before us.

I was tempted to respond, but I'll let you do the honors tomorrow.
YLS c/o 2009

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
LOLZ! 

This is fascinating stuff.  If I'm as bored tomorrow as I was today, I'll waste my time pwning you.  Then you can come back with your asinine rebuttals, and we can do this ageless LSD AA Board dance like so many before us.

I hope I have time.  If not, PLEASE fill in for me.
I do not like hats.
I do not like them on bats.
I would not like them near cats.
I would not like them made out of mats.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »
LOLZ! 

I hope I have time.  If not, PLEASE fill in for me.

Still waiting...
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2009, 12:16:01 AM »
What's funny to me is that we're TYPING.  You can self edit before hitting post!  To have a gaff on a forum is almost impossible, unless you are just that bad with words.

But if you don't much care, it's pretty easy to have a few mistypes. I mean, nothing on here should be taken too seriously, posting included.

Dead Horse

• Please, no more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
Dear angry white people:

Mind your business. Perhaps the reason you can't succeed on your own is because you're too busy looking at what other people have and whining about how desperately unfair it all is.

Dear angry black people:

Mind your own business. The back of the bus is better anyway. All the cool kids hand out back there. Maybe you should just chill and calm down on this "civil rights" nonsense. Yeah, you can't eat in some restaurants or have decent jobs, but aren't those overrated anyway?
:o

At least if you argue that it should be income/poverty based or something,

God the last thing we need in law school is more poor people, they are so damn needy, can I have some food so I don't starve? Can I have a roof over my head? Can I have some medical attention for this arm that got cut off? NO get away from my car window, you smell. I don't want these pople taking classes with me they would just ask me for spare change during a lecture.

At least the poverty ridden have some kind of excuse. I was raised just as poor as the black kids around me, but for some reason, I needed to get 10 points better on my LSAT and 1.0 better on my GPA (ballpark) better to stand about the same chance as a URM. We all had the same shot, bad as it may have been, so why should the rules of the game change all of the sudden based on skin color?

There it is! The "I was raised a poor white boy in a black neighborhod, where's my AA" argument! Oh, I've been waiting soooooooo long for this!
"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse."

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:45 AM »
Dear angry white people:

Mind your business. Perhaps the reason you can't succeed on your own is because you're too busy looking at what other people have and whining about how desperately unfair it all is.

Dear angry black people:

Mind your own business. The back of the bus is better anyway. All the cool kids hand out back there. Maybe you should just chill and calm down on this "civil rights" nonsense. Yeah, you can't eat in some restaurants or have decent jobs, but aren't those overrated anyway?

God the last thing we need in law school is more poor people, they are so damn needy, can I have some food so I don't starve? Can I have a roof over my head? Can I have some medical attention for this arm that got cut off? NO get away from my car window, you smell. I don't want these pople taking classes with me they would just ask me for spare change during a lecture.

At least the poverty ridden have some kind of excuse. I was raised just as poor as the black kids around me, but for some reason, I needed to get 10 points better on my LSAT and 1.0 better on my GPA (ballpark) better to stand about the same chance as a URM. We all had the same shot, bad as it may have been, so why should the rules of the game change all of the sudden based on skin color?

There it is! The "I was raised a poor white boy in a black neighborhod, where's my AA" argument! Oh, I've been waiting soooooooo long for this!

Comes up a lot, actually.

Funny how many new accounts/perpetual deleters are posting here...

Dead Horse

• Please, no more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

Comes up a lot, actually.

Funny how many new accounts/perpetual deleters are posting here...

Not often enough. But kick away, big boy. I know you've got it in you. And make it f-ing burn!
"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse."

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2009, 02:04:19 AM »
Race-blind or not, I would have gotten into top schools...for the record.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »
How about America gives back the land it took, pays for the labor it was unjustly enriched by, gets rid of legacy admits, criminalizes all intoxicants instead of just the ones minorities use, abolishes the distinction between white collar crime and other crime and then strictly prohibits racial profiling?  What is it about that that really bothers you?

Tabernacle!
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.