Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?  (Read 43403 times)

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »
I've always wanted to be called racist!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Mind your business. Perhaps the reason you can't succeed on your own is because you're too busy looking at what other people have and whining about how desperately unfair it all is.

Dear angry black people:

Mind your own business. The back of the bus is better anyway. All the cool kids hand out back there. Maybe you should just chill and calm down on this "civil rights" nonsense. Yeah, you can't eat in some restaurants or have decent jobs, but aren't those overrated anyway?
:o

At least if you argue that it should be income/poverty based or something,

God the last thing we need in law school is more poor people, they are so damn needy, can I have some food so I don't starve? Can I have a roof over my head? Can I have some medical attention for this arm that got cut off? NO get away from my car window, you smell. I don't want these pople taking classes with me they would just ask me for spare change during a lecture.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Mind your business. Perhaps the reason you can't succeed on your own is because you're too busy looking at what other people have and whining about how desperately unfair it all is.

Dear angry black people:

Mind your own business. The back of the bus is better anyway. All the cool kids hand out back there. Maybe you should just chill and calm down on this "civil rights" nonsense. Yeah, you can't eat in some restaurants or have decent jobs, but aren't those overrated anyway?

My point exactly. It never ceases to amaze me how utterly racist the arguments for aa are.

At least if you argue that it should be income/poverty based or something, you have some kind of defendable point. Racism, on the other hand, is racism is racism. One group getting over on another group on account of skin color.

Problem here is your definition of "racism".

Please define it as you see it.  Please make the negative connotations explicit.

Your schtick has apparently dried up. Tis a sad day...

I think it's pretty apparent what I'm going for by implicating racism here.

Instead of being vague, why not be explicit?  Come on, define it.  Then we can proceed to the next part of the debate.

And just so you know:

1.  my shtick is for LawDog3 only,
2.  you were giving it the thumbs up for the wrong reasons in the first place, and
3.  I don't really give a @#!* what you think about my shtick.
I do not like hats.
I do not like them on bats.
I would not like them near cats.
I would not like them made out of mats.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

God the last thing we need in law school is more poor people, they are so damn needy, can I have some food so I don't starve? Can I have a roof over my head? Can I have some medical attention for this arm that got cut off? NO get away from my car window, you smell. I don't want these pople taking classes with me they would just ask me for spare change during a lecture.

At least the poverty ridden have some kind of excuse. I was raised just as poor as the black kids around me, but for some reason, I needed to get 10 points better on my LSAT and 1.0 better on my GPA (ballpark) better to stand about the same chance as a URM. We all had the same shot, bad as it may have been, so why should the rules of the game change all of the sudden based on skin color?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2009, 09:52:59 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

My point exactly. It never ceases to amaze me how utterly racist the arguments for aa are.

At least if you argue that it should be income/poverty based or something, you have some kind of defendable point. Racism, on the other hand, is racism is racism. One group getting over on another group on account of skin color.

Please define it as you see it.  Please make the negative connotations explicit.

Instead of being vague, why not be explicit?  Come on, define it.  Then we can proceed to the next part of the debate.

And just so you know:

2.  you were giving it the thumbs up for the wrong reasons in the first place, and

If you can't infer it on your own time, I suspect large aspects of the law may escape you as well.

1. Lawdog is fun like that.
2. The wrong reasons being...? It was a good gimmick, what more do you want?
3. Much the same as I don't give a @#!* about your sudden need for simple definitions.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

At least the poverty ridden have some kind of excuse. I was raised just as poor as the black kids around me, but for some reason, I needed to get 10 points better on my LSAT and 1.0 better on my GPA (ballpark) better to stand about the same chance as a URM. We all had the same shot, bad as it may have been, so why should the rules of the game change all of the sudden based on skin color?

Becuase there are far more poor white kids to chose from than black kids, want to female dog about AA blame it on all your white pov freinds trying to get into law school taking up the vast magority of the spots save the 10 or so that go to balcks. Poor white kids are over represented in law school, it attracts social climbers. Beside see my post awhile back about what is poor and what's not poor.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2009, 09:59:48 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

And just so you know:

If you can't infer it on your own time, I suspect large aspects of the law may escape you as well.

3. Much the same as I don't give a @#!* about your sudden need for simple definitions.

::smh::

If you don't define "racism", then I'm just going to have to assume that it means what I think it means and put words in your mouth.  I'm giving you a chance to preempt my argument before I make it.  I'M BEING NICE.

So, again, if you'd be so kind, please define "racism", including what you take to be its negative connotations.  If we disagree on the basic terms, then the actual argument's almost pointless.
I do not like hats.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

Becuase there are far more poor white kids to chose from than black kids, want to female dog about AA blame it on all your white pov freinds trying to get into law school taking up the vast magority of the spots save the 10 or so that go to balcks. Poor white kids are over represented in law school, it attracts social climbers. Beside see my post awhile back about what is poor and what's not poor.

And isn't that the problem? Where are the blacks? What is it about black culture that prevents them from climbing the ladder the same way poor white kids do? AA's been going on for a while now, yet blacks (and other URMs) are still about as underrepresented as a group as they were before. Maybe they need less of a hand up and more of a kick in the ass as a culture. Just a thought. I mean, the poor whites aren't there based on some poverty boost, after all.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2009, 10:19:38 PM »
Dear angry white people:

Dear angry black people:

And just so you know:

::smh::

If you don't define "racism", then I'm just going to have to assume that it means what I think it means and put words in your mouth.  I'm giving you a chance to preempt my argument before I make it.  I'M BEING NICE.

So, again, if you'd be so kind, please define "racism", including what you take to be its negative connotations.  If we disagree on the basic terms, then the actual argument's almost pointless.

You do what you like, and then I'll deal with it. Your "niceness" means little here.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
LOLZ! 

This is fascinating stuff.  If I'm as bored tomorrow as I was today, I'll waste my time pwning you.  Then you can come back with your asinine rebuttals, and we can do this ageless LSD AA Board dance like so many before us.
I do not like hats.