Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?  (Read 44815 times)

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
Re: Be honest URMs: why does race-blind admissions really bother you?
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »
Jeremiah, is that you?
YLS c/o 2009

Just Wrong

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
Step 1: Insert white person into most udesirable conditions possible in this country. 
Result: Life sucks

Step 2: Make that white person black/mexican.
Result: Life just got worse.

Those who deny the existence of white privilege in the USA lose all credibility.

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »
Step 1: Insert white person into most udesirable conditions possible in this country. 

Those who deny the existence of white privilege in the USA lose all credibility.

What about Asians and Indians? Do they not get discriminated against? At the same time these groups need never higher scores than whites to be considered their equal during admissions. Tell me how this is fair?

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2009, 04:39:34 PM »

What about Asians and Indians? Do they not get discriminated against? At the same time these groups need even higher scores than whites to be considered their equal during admissions. Tell me how this is fair?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »

What about Asians and Indians? Do they not get discriminated against? At the same time these groups need even higher scores than whites to be considered their equal during admissions. Tell me how this is fair?

Maybe white people should stop taking their rightful spots?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Dead Horse

• Please, no more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2009, 04:48:28 PM »

Oh thank you for this! I've been waiting so long for someone to start this again!

BRING IT YOU MOTHERFUCKING PANSIES!!
"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse."

Just Wrong

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »

Replace "black/mexican" with "non-white" if it'll make you happy.

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2009, 06:01:05 PM »

Replace "black/mexican" with "non-white" if it'll make you happy.

But it won't show AA is fair to "overrepesented minorities". Admitting people based on race is wrong on all levels.

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
More: not all people of color have grown up in the hood or have been called racial slurs to their faces on a regular basis. A URM with the most cushy life has still been disadvantaged compared to a white guy.

Like Chris Rock said at one of his concerts: "Not one white dude in here would even trade places with ME...and I'm rich! That's how good it is to be white in America."

There are millions of white people who would trade places to be a black millionaire. If you honestly believe in Chris Rock's joke you are blind. Just go to a random mall and see the white kids who try to walk and dress like they're black and talk like they're black. Most of them would trade places with a poor black person, forget the wealth.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2009, 06:23:22 PM »
More: not all people of color have grown up in the hood or have been called racial slurs to their faces on a regular basis. A URM with the most cushy life has still been disadvantaged compared to a white guy.

Like Chris Rock said at one of his concerts: "Not one white dude in here would even trade places with ME...and I'm rich! That's how good it is to be white in America."

There are millions of white people who would trade places to be a black millionaire. If you honestly believe in Chris Rock's joke you are blind. Just go to a random mall and see the white kids who try to walk and dress like they're black and talk like they're black. Most of them would trade places with a poor black person, forget the wealth.

What does that even mean?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French