Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Arkansas school news  (Read 4121 times)

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Arkansas school news
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »
I found out today that Arkansas will be sending out class schedules and book list within a week...  They have been reducing class size as well with only 144 or so for this years class, 2 sections of 72.  Legal writing split into 5 sections though.
University of Oklahoma '11

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Arkansas school news
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
I found out today that Arkansas will be sending out class schedules and book list within a week...  They have been reducing class size as well with only 144 or so for this years class, 2 sections of 72.  Legal writing split into 5 sections though.

So they're sending them out before orientation? That's cool. Where did you hear all this?

Thanks!

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »

So they're sending them out before orientation? That's cool. Where did you hear all this?

Thanks!

Dean Miller gave me a personal tour of the building this morning while I was in town.  He seems like a great guy, kind of a throwback.  I really liked him alot.   Never got a chance to tour the school till now.

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »

Thanks!

Dean Miller gave me a personal tour of the building this morning while I was in town.  He seems like a great guy, kind of a throwback.  I really liked him alot.   Never got a chance to tour the school till now.

I agree - SUPER nice guy! What did you think of the building? They have done some really cool things to it. That's funnny I was actually thinking about heading over there this afternoon because I took a sick day at work.

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
just got section info, text list and class schedule emailed to me.  weird.   
any arkansas 2L or 3L's wanna give me advice on my prof's???

Course Title & Professor
Days
Time

Section 2
Property I - Norvell
MTTh
8:20 - 9:20

Contracts I - Matthews
MTh
1:00 - 2:30

Criminal Law - Gallini
WF
8:00 - 9:30

Civil Procedure I - Brill
WF
12:15 - 1:45

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

Thanks!

I agree - SUPER nice guy! What did you think of the building? They have done some really cool things to it. That's funnny I was actually thinking about heading over there this afternoon because I took a sick day at work.

I like the building, decent layout.  Some of the renovations aren't done yet but change takes time.  The building wasn't as new or nice as some other schools I visited, but the fact that they are renovating and making it nicer goes a long way. 

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:53:19 PM »
just got section info, text list and class schedule emailed to me.  weird.   
any arkansas 2L or 3L's wanna give me advice on my prof's???

Course Title & Professor
Days
Time

Section 2
Property I - Norvell
MTTh
8:20 - 9:20

Contracts I - Matthews
MTh
1:00 - 2:30

Criminal Law - Gallini
WF
8:00 - 9:30

Civil Procedure I - Brill
WF
12:15 - 1:45

To be honest I wouldn't know much. I sat in on a few classes in the Spring, but not with any of those. I know Snow (Property in the other section) is really cool. I enjoyed that class very much.

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

I just got it too! I got Section 1 so I guess I'll have Snow...it feels good to know! Now we get to spend a fortune on books!