Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Let's meet in here and talk about little things that bug us  (Read 33179 times)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Let's meet in here and talk about little things that bug us
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2008, 09:12:42 PM »
I still hate this thread :(
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »
Deeds are so boring, it's hard to get work done.  So waz up, OTB thread?

Let me re-print some of the outline I'm going over:

Grant (and the 3 elements of the first clause of the deed)
Description of Land (and the like nine-billion cases on how courts have read this)
Warranties of Title (there are 6)

I won't even go into notarial/recording stuff, or delivery.  Suffice it to say that you have to really love land transfers to dig this.

I still can't figure out whether this is mostly freehold estates stuff.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »

Description of Land (and the like nine-billion cases on how courts have read this)

I won't even go into notarial/recording stuff, or delivery.  Suffice it to say that you have to really love land transfers to dig this.

wally gdammit you need a girl to yalke your mind off this lawschool *&^%.  f-in deeds? on saturdays night?   jeswus.  i'de make yt9ou forget f-in deeds all right
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »
I don't know.  I just figured out Sweeney v. Sweeney and Rosengrant v. Rosengrant, and the problem of using a deed in place of a will.

Basically, deeds have to have immediate conveyance, or at least conveyance sometime before the grantor's death. 

After I finish with this, I'll go back to nuisance issues, because they're harder to understand in terms of liability/property rules, and I might re-read One View of the Cathedral, because I dunno about all that liability stuff.

. . .

Congrats on graduating with Honors, by the way!  You work for the city, right?  That sounds like a good job.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »
I don't know.  I just figured out Sweeney v. Sweeney and Rosengrant v. Rosengrant, and the problem of using a deed in place of a will.

Basically, deeds have to have immediate conveyance, or at least conveyance sometime before the grantor's death. 

After I finish with this, I'll go back to nuisance issues, because they're harder to understand in terms of liability/property rules, and I might re-read One View of the Cathedral, because I dunno about all that liability stuff.

. . .

Congrats on graduating with Honors, by the way!  You work for the city, right?  That sounds like a good job.

thanks wally, and its not really the city, we get paid by whomever joins the legal defense thingy.....we qwualify for state benefits though.

you still need a girl.   too bad youre half my age you arfe smart and even kinda funny at times when youe3r not being too se4rious giggle

JD

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »
Flattered, I guess.  I'm surprised that people assume, correctly, that I don't have a girlfriend.  I'm not sure why.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »
Flattered, I guess.  I'm surprised that people assume, correctly, that I don't have a girlfriend.  I'm not sure why.

i guess?  :P

ok yeah i undersatnbd lol.

people dont thi8nk you have a gf because youre always on here talking about...f-ing cherminsky and deeds and *&^%

JD

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »

wally gdammit you need a girl to yalke your mind off this lawschool *&^%.  f-in deeds? on saturdays night?   jeswus.  i'de make yt9ou forget f-in deeds all right

. . .

thanks wally, and its not really the city, we get paid by whomever joins the legal defense thingy.....we qwualify for state benefits though.

you still need a girl.   too bad youre half my age you arfe smart and even kinda funny at times when youe3r not being too se4rious giggle

Preserved for posterity. This *&^% is too good.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2008, 10:21:40 PM »

wally gdammit you need a girl to yalke your mind off this lawschool poo.  f-in deeds? on saturdays night?   jeswus.  i'de make yt9ou forget f-in deeds all right

. . .

Preserved for posterity. This poo is too good.

*&^%!! noooooo, i willr egrte this laters i knmow it!  dammit  :P

JD

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2008, 07:50:55 AM »
relax. you not even sound like republican.