Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR through Email? Prof is in Mexico til end of August  (Read 765 times)

isustudent

• View Profile
LOR through Email? Prof is in Mexico til end of August
« on: July 24, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »
Hi All,

I have three professors I want to get LOR from.  I sent an email to two who I am very close with (and gave me specific instruction to come to them if I need anything when applying to law school) asking if they had time this summer to look at my PS.  At that time I was planning on asking them for a LOR.

One of the professors is in Mexico until late August.  I want to apply to some schools right away in September.  Would it be tacky to email saying "I hate asking you this over email, but I was hoping to apply early Sept" yada yada? 

Thanks

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOR through Email? Prof is in Mexico til end of August
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:23:20 PM »
I mean, it'd be quite difficult to get them the stuff they need in Mexico. You'd have to email them the PDF LOR form, LSAC prefers that LOR's be printed on school letter head so I'm not sure how you'd go about with this, and then he'd have to mail it in from Mexico to PA. Why not ask him via email to write it and indicate it that you plan on applying in September and if it was at all possible for him to have it ready when he comes back in the states, you could meet up with him, give him the LOR form, an addressed and stamped envelope. I'm sure LSAC won't be receiving too many LOR's around that time, and there is hardly going to be any difference between applying Sept. 1st and Sept. 15th or 20th. Some schools don't even put their applications out until the 15th.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
Re: LOR through Email? Prof is in Mexico til end of August
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »
1. From what I've heard, adcoms don't start looking at apps until about November (late October earliest) so what's the point of applying so soon? Just wait until your prof gets back.
2. Aren't most apps not even out yet in early September?
Best of luck to everyone!