Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Prayers for the Bar Exam  (Read 1866 times)

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
Prayers for the Bar Exam
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »
I pray that I do not see a commercial paper question. I never had it during LS, didn't even cover it until a few days ago. I don't understand it and won't even be able to BS it.

I pray that if there is a tax question, it is a simple "is this income" or "can this be deducted" question. If God loves me, he will not allow them to make me do a hotchpot analysis.

I pray that I don't get diarehhea tues and Wed next week. That would suck.

I pray that the MPT is a "draft a letter" scenario.

I pray that the Supreme Court overturns the entire hearsay doctrine and all its f-in exceptions in the next few days.

I pray that the US Air force mistakingly drops a Daisy Cutter bomb on Blackacre, Greenacre, and any other piece of land with 'acre" in it.

But most of all, I pray that the MBE asks about 170 criminal law questions, because that is the only subject I am still scoring over 70% on.

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Prayers for the Bar Exam
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
I pray that we live in different states, because I don't even know what commercial paper is.

uh huh.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »
I pray that the Supreme Court overturns the entire hearsay doctrine and all its f-in exceptions in the next few days.

Word.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »
Tax? What god awful state are you in??
Air Force JAG Corps

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 01:46:21 PM »

But most of all, I pray that the MBE asks about 170 criminal law questions, because that is the only subject I am still scoring over 70% on.

Can we pray for criminal procedure questions, to be specific?  Bar/Bri thinks it's helpful to test on reasonableness in crim law, and because the answers often contradict themselves from one question to the next, I'm just all confused.  :-[

Luziana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »

Can we pray for criminal procedure questions, to be specific?  Bar/Bri thinks it's helpful to test on reasonableness in crim law, and because the answers often contradict themselves from one question to the next, I'm just all confused.  :-[

Oh dear lord, anything BUT a criminal procedure question... I still can't figure out the difference between 5th and 6th amendment rights to counsel, no matter how hard I try.  I just know I'll butcher it on the day of the exam.

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 03:07:49 PM »
Tax? What god awful state are you in??

PA

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »
I pray for no suretyship, commercial paper or secured transaction questions.

I pray the entire essay portion is nothing but criminal law, adverse possession, and federal jurisdiction. 

I pray that contracts and property magically disappears on the MBE.

I pray that I will know what the exam questions are asking, particularly the short answer section. 

I pray I pass, because I don't want to be only clerk the court house that failed.

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 07:02:45 PM »
I pray that my 9 essays are:  Wills, Federal Jurisdiction, Agency, Adverse Possession, Conflicts of law, Creditors Rights, Criminal Law, Divorce, and VA Civil Procedure. 

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
I pray that my 9 essays are:  Wills, Federal Jurisdiction, Agency, Adverse Possession, Conflicts of law, Creditors Rights, Criminal Law, Divorce, and VA Civil Procedure. 

You know if you were to swap out creditor's rights and put in Equity or Tax, I would be with you.