Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bar/Bri MPQ-2 Full Day MBE  (Read 2045 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Bar/Bri MPQ-2 Full Day MBE
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Has anyone else done this yet? I took it today and somehow dropped 3 points from my Bar/Bri practice MBE a few weeks ago. 126 to 123. What the @#!*? I've been putting foot to ass with studying and I get dumber?

Whatever shred of confidence I had about covering my essay bases with a higher MBE is now totally gone.
Air Force JAG Corps

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Bar/Bri MPQ-2 Full Day MBE
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »
I did the 1/2 day, and sucked.  I did much worse on it than I did percentage-wise on the practice MBE and any of the released question sets in the MPQ2 book.

I wouldn't panic - I think it's the usual Bar/Bri strategy.  They don't want people to slack, they want you to study harder, and they know we're all hitting the MPQ2 book late in the game, so they put a concentration of hard questions in these sets.  It will make the real thing seem easier (I think), and make us all praise Bar/Bri's praises after the fact.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »
I did the 1/2 day, and sucked.  I did much worse on it than I did percentage-wise on the practice MBE and any of the released question sets in the MPQ2 book.

I wouldn't panic - I think it's the usual Bar/Bri strategy.  They don't want people to slack, they want you to study harder, and they know we're all hitting the MPQ2 book late in the game, so they put a concentration of hard questions in these sets.  It will make the real thing seem easier (I think), and make us all praise Bar/Bri's praises after the fact.

I considered that theory on my walk home. I sure hope you are right and I can see the logic in that, but making us more panicked this close to the test seems more counterproductive than anything. 
Air Force JAG Corps

MiamiHurricane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:03 PM »
You are probably completely exhausted.  I'm finding it harder and harder to access the stuff in my brain that I have learned.  I finally gave up and took a nap for 45 minutes this afternoon.  I think it made a big difference, I at least feel better about the essays, which were freaking me out earlier.

blacksox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 06:52:50 PM »
Has anyone else done this yet? I took it today and somehow dropped 3 points from my Bar/Bri practice MBE a few weeks ago. 126 to 123. What the @#!*? I've been putting foot to ass with studying and I get dumber?

Whatever shred of confidence I had about covering my essay bases with a higher MBE is now totally gone.

I dropped two points from my practice MBE a few weeks back.  I feel like jumping out my window, too bad I'm on the bottom floor.
I've spent ALOT of time on the MBE stuff lately, and just cant fathom how I went down as well....  it's gotta be bar/bri throwing us for a loop to get us studying till the very end, grrrrrrrr

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
I've been going through threads on JDUnderground and XO in regard to this exam, as well as going through all the answers, and this seems universally a difficult MBE.

Some of the answers for these Full Day questions are BS in my opinion.

This has been just a body blow for my non-existent self-esteem. As you put it, the bottom floor. I just had a total breakdown going through stuff on enforcement of Covenants because I'm in such a "tizzy" from this goddamn test. Thankfully there is a table of biddies next to me at library so I had to keep it together.

I really should have just gone to Wisconsin Law and been waved in. I'm sitting for IL, which is 88%-90% pass in the past 3 years, and I'm still a mess. What a screwed up way to determine minimum competency for the profession.
Air Force JAG Corps