Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYLS to Fordham  (Read 1943 times)

coexist25

• View Profile
NYLS to Fordham
« on: July 23, 2008, 04:14:10 PM »
I just got word that I am in at Fordham. Finished first year at NYLS near the top. Im 99% going to make the move to Fordham but just looking for someone to play the devil's advocate and give me reasons why I should not transfer.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NYLS to Fordham
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 04:27:14 PM »
.... I don't think you're gonna find many people on this board telling you not to leave a T4 school to go to a T1 school. 

I'm transferring from a T4 to a Top 20 and I'm not even remotely questioning it.  With you it should be even less of a dilemma, considering you're in the most competitive legal market in the country in the midst of a looming recession. 

Just do it, you know you want to.

Oh, and congrats!

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 04:36:15 PM »
yar you should've been gone this time yesterday ;)

random2341

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
yeah, you'd better go unless you want to kick yourself for the rest of your career everytime you lose a job offer to someone who went to Fordham!

sloppy2d

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
Leave NYLS, any moot court or journal stuff and tell all of your friends there they should have tried harder to finish as well as you did so they could have made the move, which they all would have.

--- Can I ask how/when they notified you and any seat deposit, oci info they gave you.
Thanks, and congrats.

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »
I would say definitely go to Fordham!  In fact, that is my top choice right now, but I haven't heard anything yet...I 'd like to repeat the request by somebody else on this thread & ask how & when you were notified.  Thanks & congrats!

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 06:50:09 AM »
I just got word that I am in at Fordham. Finished first year at NYLS near the top. Im 95% going to make the move to Fordham but just looking for someone to play the devil's advocate and give me reasons why I should not transfer.

what is your rank?
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

ronaldo699

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »
I just got word that I am in at Fordham. Finished first year at NYLS near the top. Im 95% going to make the move to Fordham but just looking for someone to play the devil's advocate and give me reasons why I should not transfer.

ill play  devil's advocate - you likely will not do well at fordham considering you are not smart enough to want to 100 percent leave nyls

estherb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »
hi coexist - I am starting NYLS this fall as an evening student (I work full time a few blocks away in fin dist) and opted to take the ASP program for the month before school officially starts (Ive been out of school for 5 years).  I just finished my first week and from what I have seen, I am already planning on transferring.  What are your thoughts? What was your study routine? Did you work? Also if you don't mind my asking, what are your stats (lsat, gpa, etc)?  Any advice is greatly appreciated. 
-esther 

yukon1011

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »
I think you made the right call.  Congrats on Fordham.