Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: thoughts as the bar exam approaches:  (Read 1036 times)

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
Re: thoughts as the bar exam approaches:
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »
Trusts can definitely lick my balls. 

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »
Remedies, Secured Transactions and Commercial Paper can go screw themselves.

Echoed. Include Evidence in there for me.

BTW, you're taking the GA bar right? Do you really think that Remedies will be that big of a deal. I mean a lot of it seems like pretty much common sense, but I don't know....

Also, what do you think about Federal Jurisdiction? I was thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal until I started looking at past exams and it seems like there's a Jurisdiction essay on about every other exam. WTF? I thought the essays were supposed to be State Specific? Anyway......

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »
I have a headache everyday that I wake up.  Secured Transactions baffles me and just when I think I know a subject, I take a practice MBE section and get about half wrong.  This sucks
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »
Remedies, Secured Transactions and Commercial Paper can go screw themselves.

Echoed. Include Evidence in there for me.

BTW, you're taking the GA bar right? Do you really think that Remedies will be that big of a deal. I mean a lot of it seems like pretty much common sense, but I don't know....

Also, what do you think about Federal Jurisdiction? I was thinking that it wouldn't be a big deal until I started looking at past exams and it seems like there's a Jurisdiction essay on about every other exam. WTF? I thought the essays were supposed to be State Specific? Anyway......

It seems that MOST years, they either give you a fed civ pro OR state civ pro question.  I really wish they'd just pick one since I can't keep them straight.

As for remedies, there have been questions that are nothing BUT remedies before, but more often are part of a mixed subject question.  It seems easier if its a subpart, because it usually involves just reciting the standard for a preliminary injunction or whatever.  But the remedy only questions I've done have kicked my butt.  I just suck at keeping the different measures of damages straight (not surprisingly, the MBE contracts questions that deal with what remedy is appropriate I almost always get wrong too).

And for GA, let's pray that commercial paper doesn't make its first appearance on the bar since 1997.   :-[

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
That is really the only way I might pass.  I'll right down a paraphrasing of what some of the relevant law is, and then apply the facts.  If the model answers are a good judge, I am hitting on the correct issue about 60% of the time or less.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »
I have a headache everyday that I wake up.  Secured Transactions baffles me and just when I think I know a subject, I take a practice MBE section and get about half wrong.  This sucks

I don't get secured transactions either.  Or rather, I feel like I understand it when I look over my outline.  But I have zero recall beyond a couple of the PMSI rules.  It's just an evil, evil subject to memorize.