Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: thoughts as the bar exam approaches:  (Read 1078 times)

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
thoughts as the bar exam approaches:
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »
Property and Wills can suck my ass.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: thoughts as the bar exam approaches:
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »
Remedies, Secured Transactions and Commercial Paper can go screw themselves.

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:12:38 PM »
Commercial paper and evidence can suck a moose ball

pickle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
MPT is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of. 

uh huh.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
Two thougths keep running through my head:
1) Should I even bother taking the exam?
2) Are the NY bar examiners on crack? EIGHTEEN SUBJECTS? Really????

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 05:34:50 PM »
After looking at past exams all day, I have come to a conclusion: the only way I am going to pass is if I do extremely well on the MBE and the bar examiners give me enough partial credit for the garbage I write down on the essays.  I know that the because VA doesn't release model answers that the answers provided by my bar review course are kind of subjective; some of them I take issue with and think my answer/analysis/approach is equally valid.  However, about half of the questions I am completely whiffing.

I really thought I had UCC art. 3+4 down after spending nearly an entire day on it last week.  I came across a problem today and got it completely wrong.  If I get one on my bar, I may just write down the requirements of negotiable instrument, holder in due course, and shelter doctrine and then just move on.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 05:36:34 PM »
Two thougths keep running through my head:
1) Should I even bother taking the exam?
2) Are the NY bar examiners on crack? EIGHTEEN SUBJECTS? Really????

You should take it - you'll be fine.  But if you decide not to, just don't be like this girl:

http://abovethelaw.com/2008/07/bar_exam_advice_procrastination.php

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
I don't know how anyone can muster taking it again in February.  I feel so beat up and depressed.  Every day I wake up I hate my life.  I definitely will not be taking it again in the summer, because it is just more depressing to see everyone else tan and enjoying the outdoors.  So if I fail I'll either be taking it again in 6 months or 18 months.

uh huh.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »
Thanks for the great link, jacy :-) Fortunately, I haven't procrastinated a single bit this summer. I've been reviewing my notes for weeks, I've been doing practice multiple choice/essays, etc., kept up with the BarBri schedule until just two weeks ago.

I still feel like I'm never gonna be ready.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
After looking at past exams all day, I have come to a conclusion: the only way I am going to pass is if I do extremely well on the MBE and the bar examiners give me enough partial credit for the garbage I write down on the essays.  I know that the because VA doesn't release model answers that the answers provided by my bar review course are kind of subjective; some of them I take issue with and think my answer/analysis/approach is equally valid.  However, about half of the questions I am completely whiffing.

I really thought I had UCC art. 3+4 down after spending nearly an entire day on it last week.  I came across a problem today and got it completely wrong.  If I get one on my bar, I may just write down the requirements of negotiable instrument, holder in due course, and shelter doctrine and then just move on.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still completely missing probably at least half of my essays too.  I'll nail 90% of one question, and then barely answer even one subpart of the next correctly (according to Bar/Bri anyway).

And from what I've heard from people who've taken and passed the bar, if you get the rule right (or at least make up something good and explain the policy behind "your" rule), apply all the facts they give you, and come up with something rational, then you can reach the "wrong" result and be ok. Just be sure to explain your reasoning - I try to approach essays assuming that the bar examiners are complete morons.