Specific Groups > Minority and Non-Traditional Law Students

Chances of black 3.57, 169 from UCLA getting into T 14?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Migrate:
because you have a 159 and a 3.57. duh.

Kirk Lazarus:

--- Quote from: LSAT172 on August 02, 2008, 04:03:05 AM ---because you have a 159 and a 3.57. duh.

--- End quote ---

no need to be rude.

NoUsername:

--- Quote from: Lindbergh on July 25, 2008, 08:51:29 AM ---
The SCOTUS AA case revealed stat indicating that a number of african americans with high 150 scores got into UVA.

--- End quote ---

Isn't that wonderful.  I had a 163 and I didn't get in, despite being a legacy and having an above-average GPA.  I guess my skin was the wrong color.  I sure am glad Americans don't discriminate anymore, that would be bad.

Jamie Stringer:

--- Quote from: NoUsername on August 05, 2008, 01:43:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lindbergh on July 25, 2008, 08:51:29 AM ---
The SCOTUS AA case revealed stat indicating that a number of african americans with high 150 scores got into UVA.

--- End quote ---

Isn't that wonderful.  I had a 163 and I didn't get in, despite being a legacy and having an above-average GPA.  I guess my skin was the wrong color.  I sure am glad Americans don't discriminate anymore, that would be bad.

--- End quote ---

Unintentional humor or well-developed sense of irony?

eruffin:
Regarding Op's question: "does anyone know what the average LSAT scores are for minority (specifically black) applicants?"

LSAC has research reports that break down LSAT results by race, gender, region etc.

http://www.lsacnet.org/Research/LSAT-Performance-Regional-Gender-Racial-Ethic-Breakdowns.pdf

This data is a bit old (from the mid-90's) but the average score for a black test taker in 1997-98 was 141.8.  This data of course encompasses all black test takers; I imagine school by school breakdowns like this would be impossible to find.  The complete breakdown by ethnic group is on page 19 of the pdf.

Not to be cheeky, but asking things like "Why not CLS/Penn?" with your stats invites posters to rail against AA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version